Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

William's had surgery -updated with results page 3

(1/11) > >>

elaine.e:
My poor boy is feeling every minute of his 11 years today after a general anaesthetic yesterday to remove a lump from his tongue, plus removal of one tooth, a scale and polish of the rest (which the vet said are in very good condition) and a needle aspiration of a lipoma. Not to mention having his anal glands emptied ph34r

I found the lump on his tongue a couple of weeks ago, by chance really, because I let him lick some peanut butter off my finger and felt a small bump. I decided to monitor it for a week or so before going to the vet because then I could tell the vet if it had grown or changed during that time. It didn't and I could see that it was small, pale, perfectly round and right in the middle of his tongue. The vet said that lumps on the tongue are very unusual, so although this didn't look particularly dangerous it would be best to have it removed and analysed asap.

So I booked him in, then the day before when grooming him I found a small regular shaped lump just behind his penis. I only noticed it because he was laid on his back while I groomed his tummy. I had a quick grope of Louis' nether regions to see if he had anything similar there :005: and realised he didn't. So I mentioned it to the vet when I took William in yesterday. The vet is confident it's a lipoma but if it became big it could cause problems because of it's location, so for now I'm going to monitor it.

Since William came home he's been eating well and has been peeing and pooping, but he's very restless and whiney. He slept on the bed with me last night so I could monitor him and because the only time the whining stops is when he's snuggled up next to me. I don't think it's pain. He has Meloxidyl for that. I think it's just the after effects of the anaesthetic affecting him even more than it used to when he was younger, poor boy :'(

The test results for the lump on his tongue will take about a week, so please can I have your positive thoughts for those, and also for William (and for my sanity) while he's feeling so sorry for himself. He's due back at the vet for a post-op. check tomorrow.morning

Jaysmumagain:
Oh William sure Mum is looking after you.
Sending positive thoughts Elaine.....

Julie

Redked:
Poor William. He's really gone through it this week bless him. Sending our love and positive thoughts to you all. Kerry, Des and the Bons xxx  :luv: :luv:

carol pearson:
Positive thoughts for you and William,  he will soon be back to normal

DeeDee:
Lots of positive thoughts being sent to William. Hope all goes well at the post op check.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  Diana xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version