Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Fleas!

<< < (2/2)

julie1:

--- Quote from: PennyB on June 02, 2015, 11:48:56 PM ---One of my cats came in one night covered in them but turned out they were chicken mites (red mites)

--- End quote ---

I was also going to suggest "chickens"

Toofast:
If we have flea problems I always find the little critters around the tummy button and down the hair line of the back legs, but within seconds of the dog going onto its back the little buggers disperse and scuttle onto hair parts where they are difficult to find!!!

I will either use Advantix or Effipro, these both work well for me. I do find that the correct amount of Effipro/body weight of dog is essential and it must dampen the coat and be well rubbed in down to the skin, (not so easy on a thick long coated dog though ) and don't forget the tummy and inside of back legs.

I used to work on a large poultry farm and ocasionally when the units were being cleaned out my cocker spaniel would come home covered in the red mite that had been disturbed due to the movement of the poultry and general disturbance of the buildings being cleaned out.
I don't remember them as being very fast movers and they never wanted to stay on the dog for too long as she was not the correct host for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version