Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Mozilla Firefox
« on: July 14, 2005, 12:57:50 PM »
I have a plea for help from any of you that use the above program.
I've been using it now for quite a while & have been happy with it, until today . . .
all of a sudden it seemed to be hijacked & what ever it was changed my internet options, I've tried changing them back, but it won't work.
I uninstalled & then downloaded it again, but no good.
I then restored my system back to Monday, to see if that would work, now I can't open it at all - help!  :(
Btw I've done a virus scan & spyware remover scans.
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Mozilla Firefox
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 01:05:26 PM »
I have a plea for help from any of you that use the above program.
I've been using it now for quite a while & have been happy with it, until today . . .
all of a sudden it seemed to be hijacked & what ever it was changed my internet options, I've tried changing them back, but it won't work.
I uninstalled & then downloaded it again, but no good.
I then restored my system back to Monday, to see if that would work, now I can't open it at all - help!  :(
Btw I've done a virus scan & spyware remover scans.
[snapback]136555[/snapback]

Although I use FireFox and have done for a while, I have notice more and more Pop-ups and other issues that IE has, happening...

Unscrupulous people out there are decifering the code and I think it will now have many of the same problems as IE has.

I am going back to use IE more and more on more on more websites. Without being at your computer I can only suggest using IE again for the time being. From what you say, you have already done all of the things which I would have suggested.

Not much help I know, but thats all I can suggest, maybe someone else has had similar probs, or may be able to suggest something else?
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Mozilla Firefox
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 01:14:07 PM »
 :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Mozilla Firefox
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 01:18:37 PM »
The hijacking problem sounds more like a virus or spyware to me rather than the program itself. I've been using firefox for a while and haven't had any of the problems you've mentioned. If anyone is using XP and has messenger I am more than happy to pop and your PC and have a look. I've done it for my sister and her friend as they were both infected recently.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Mozilla Firefox
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 06:00:14 PM »
The hijacking problem sounds more like a virus or spyware to me rather than the program itself. I've been using firefox for a while and haven't had any of the problems you've mentioned.

I agree Gilly - no complaints here with Firefox  :lol:

I use two or three different "spyware" removers though and run them every few days - they all find, and remove, different things each time  :angry:  We also have a hardware firewall and a leading virus-software installed.

I also make sure I patch my OS, drivers and Moxzilla as soon as possible to eleminate any security weaknesses.

Good luck
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Mozilla Firefox
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 08:20:39 PM »
:blink: Gosh you are clever Rachel, sounds like double dutch to me  :blink:

Sorry you are having problems Kim, hope someone can help  ;) xxxxxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"