Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Poem about our beloved Oldies, tissues needed

<< < (3/3)

daydreams:
what a beautiful poem,  must admit to shedding a few tears on this one,
my beautiful oldie Bracken was 14 last week, she is a bit slow and creaky, but still loves rock pooling at Looe and whilst no longer chases  her ball, she gives it a good 'barking' to :lol:

I know each day is precious with her, this poem is so true, especially the bit about a wag of the tail

lovely

honeysmun:
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Tears for all my babies now at the Bridge
Thank you for posting this heartfelt poem
now another tissue box needed

*MaryG*:
I think that is just beautiful. Pepper is relatively young at 5 but i have to say i find the bond grows deeper as he gets older.

Penelope:
Although not a cocker, I look at my beloved Suki and wonder how long we will have her for.  She is almost 11 now.
She has slowed down loads - in fact we joke that unless anyone comes to visit, she only get up from her bed 3 times a day to turn round and face the opposite direction.  Her eyes are a little cloudy.

She needs reminding to get up and go outside for her business.
She is increasingly grumpy with Alfie and Dexter and doesn't tolerate visiting dogs much any more.

However, she seems happy enough in herself and certainly doesn't seem to be in any kind of pain.  I love her so very much and cannot imagine life without her so just don't think about it.

We have been out this morning with Alfie and Dexter this morning, leaving her at home and she was so pleased to see us when we got home, I think she forgot her age for a while.

Oldies are definitely very, very special.  Eyes leaking after reading this lovely poem - thanks for sharing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version