Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

What age would you term a cocker an "oldie"

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jessie_Pup:
Have two oldies. Well one who definitely thinks she isn't . Dylan is 14yrs will be 15 next June and Jessie who is 11 1/2 will be 12 next May.
Dylan is blind now and his walks are very slow often comes to a stop. Jessie although has slow down a bit still does zoomies round the house and goes on group walks of a couple of hours.

zenon_bass:
Millie is 14 now and we came to a full stop this morning after she hurt her leg. I'm assuming a sprain type injury as I couldnt feel anything in her paw... Have a vet appointment booked last week for tomorrow, so resting and snoring until late this Pm.
But when she first arrived 3 years ago we could walk for 3-4 hours and she'd be investigating hedges and smells everywhere.

I wonder if dogs are like people? I know a couple where the gent is definitely in his 80s and I thought his wife was in her 70s. Turns out she's just had her 60th!  Also a friend of mine has just had her 70th, when I would have said she was 10years younger!  Depends on genetics and life experiences, I suppose!  :005:

Ben's mum:
Ben is 12 now, 13 in March.
He got older very rapidly, at the beginning of this year, with his sight and hearing going and stiffness all coming on over a few months, it was a bit of a shock.
However now I've got used to the idea that he is an older boy  ;) I can see that he is still as crackers as ever, he still runs faster than Harry who is 6 and luckily is physically quite fit, in short bursts, but wears out quicker.
He does sleep more now  :luv:

PennyB:
Wilf is now 12 and its only recently he's been showing signs of his age but he still likes to keep up with the others (apart from her dry eye and stomatitis 11-year-old Lady never acts old or her age either).

daw:
The boy we've recently lost became very ill in his ninth year but just made it till his tenth birthday. We're still shocked at how short a time we had with him. (Our first cocker as a couple made it to seventeen.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version