Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Blood in Stools

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mudmagnets:
No advice to offer, but just to say I hope your little man is feeling better soon, and the vet can find out what is wrong and get him better.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Finvarra:
So sorry to heat this, you must be worried sick. If Jazz is insured, does the company have aphone helpline?

:bigarmhug:
Lesley and Dylan

Joules:
Hope you have managed to speak to someone today to put your mind at rest.  It is perfectly natural for you to be, shall we say, a little over anxious, after the time you have had recently  :-\

However, I have always understood that bright red blood is less of a concern as it is usually the result of a tear or something like a recurrence of his colitis.  It is dark blood that is more worrying.

I am sure it is nothing to worry about and hopefully your vet can reassure you when you see him.

PennyB:

--- Quote from: Joules on October 30, 2015, 05:44:37 PM ---However, I have always understood that bright red blood is less of a concern as it is usually the result of a tear or something like a recurrence of his colitis.  It is dark blood that is more worrying.

--- End quote ---

That is what I was always told too (even though its always best to get checked)

julie1:

--- Quote from: PennyB on October 31, 2015, 10:56:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: Joules on October 30, 2015, 05:44:37 PM ---However, I have always understood that bright red blood is less of a concern as it is usually the result of a tear or something like a recurrence of his colitis.  It is dark blood that is more worrying.

--- End quote ---

That is what I was always told too (even though its always best to get checked)

--- End quote ---

In humans, (so Imagine the same for dogs)   Dark or brownish is digested, so from higher up the digestive tract, but bright red is local, near the end, nearer to the anus.     
It's Monday tomorrow so you will be able to get to someone to see him.
Wishing you good news.   Julie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version