Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Water at night

<< < (2/2)

Penelope:
Suki used to be able to hold her wee for ages!  We used to joke about it - she had a cast iron bladder.  Because she has always hated the rain, she could wake up in the morning, see it was raining and not bother going outside till the rain stopped!

Now she is older (11) and she can no longer hold it so long.  We have noticed that unless one of us actually goes outside with her, she doesn't actually do her last wee of the evening.  She just stands by the door waiting to come back in.  So now, one of us goes out and reminds her that she needs to do her wee and make a fuss of her when she does.  Then she usually manages to hold it all night.  However, we do cheat sometimes if not sure and leave a puppy pad down - just in case!

She is the oldest dog we have ever had and we are also really finding it a sad reminder that she is getting on.

Joules:
Coco is 10 now and she sometimes wakes me up in the night needing to go out.  Most of the time she can go through the night but probably about 25% of the time now she needs a wee at some point in the night.  I still leave her water down though and would not want to withhold it.  :-\

Ben's mum:
I might have to remind OH he is getting to the age where a 5am toilet trip will be necessary, so he can take Ben while he is up  :005:

Jaysmumagain:
How about just putting a smaller amount down, so Ben will drink it and think he's finished it.

Just an idea

Julie

PennyB:
I get woken in the night too so that usually Wilf can go out - some nights its more though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version