Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Worried about Honey

(1/9) > >>

honeysmun:
Advice please 
I will have to make an appointment to take Honey to the vets tomorrow as
my poor girl has just started to weeing everywhere I thought she was off colour
when she started doing it 3 days ago, but it has got worse she just stops and wees
it's as if she can't hold it. She is such a clean dog and I know there must be something
wrong for her do this. She was 10 years old  last Nov.
Have any of you had this with your babes ?. Any advice / help you can give me please,
so that I am armed with as much info as to what the cause might be.
she does have a  lots of fatty lumps, big ones under her tummy and yes she is heavier
than she should be.
her worried mum.

Ben's mum:
Ben (12) has drastically increased the frequency he wees now and like Honey he can't seem to hold it and when he needs to go it's immediate!  It started quite quickly as well about a year ago he suddenly increased over a few days or so and never went away. We have had lots of puddles indoors, and I have posted about the problems we have at night in the oldies bit.
When it first started I took him to the vet incase it was a urine infection, but all came back clear and she said it was his age and some dogs struggle to control their bladder more than others.

Is Honey weeing normally or is it just a dribble (if that's not to personal a question  :005:)?
My vet said to watch for Ben just dribbling, that's more likely to be an infection, but if it's a normal wee not to worry too much.

Hopefully your vet will be able to sort it all out, but if it's age related it is manageable, we just send Ben out every half hour or so whether he asks or not and generally it's ok.

elaine.e:
William started to pee more frequently about a year or so ago when he was 10, but in his case it was due to a UTI and traces of crystals. A course of antibiotics sorted him out.

If you can collect a pee sample from Honey and take it with you tomorrow the vet will do a dipstick test there and then, which may be enough to diagnose the problem.

Hopefully it's just a UTI or cystitis and can be resolved quickly :blink:

honeysmun:
A Big thanks for your posts I will go armed with a sample  ;)
hope it is nothing, they really wrap themselves around your heart  :luv:
she is supose to have her yearly jabs (vets sent reminder) this week but
think I may not let her have them done until this wee   :005: problem  is sorted out
what do you think?
Val

MIN:
get your sample but also take notice, is it urine or more like water. also is it strong or no has smell and is she drinking more.  is it a puddle or a lake  and frequency  Only mention because we had similar with our staffie and these questions are what we were asked

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version