Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

help and advice needed

<< < (6/6)

julie1:
The usual "Primula cheese" works for everything from coat grooming to tablet taking.  :lol2:

daw:
Have tried just a smear of Bovril on whatever you're offering the pill in? Obviously it's salty so wouldn't want more than a trace but it does have a very strong flavour. (I'm a veggie and can't stand to be near an open jar of the stuff!)

PennyB:
cream cheese is good too - I use the low fat stuff either philadelphia or whatever supermarket version is

daydreams:
update on continuing battle with tablets for Bracken
she is truly a suspicious little cocker ;)

I tried the tube cheese, at first on my finger,   no way,  she looked at me as if to say ' you're kidding, did eventually come and have a lick, but was undoubtedly cagey.  tried said cheese on a little biscuit,  put it down for her to take, again I get the look  ;) I pick up said biscuits with cheese later that evening at place in bin :lol2:

pate, a little more success, she did have tablet hidden in pate and although suspicious, did take a piece, and I thought great, but next time, she gave me the look and  pate is looked at with great suspicion , bin was the winner again

I haven't tried the peanut butter, I will try that later if pate doesn't succeed
she has given me so many laughs and smiles over the years, and with the looks and behaviour she shows when I try and give her a tablet she continues to do so
I have stopped putting tabs in mouth, as it distressed her so much,  so I have to give by subterfuge, and I know its on a hit and miss basis but as long as she doesn't seem in pain or distressed, i'm happy

thanks for all your helpful tips and ideas, I do appreciate them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version