Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Old age/lethargy

(1/4) > >>

annclare:
My son's dog, a working cocker, 13 on Saturday, is losing weight and not eating. He is going to the vet's this morning; we are all worried about him. Any suggestions from COLs to stimulate his appetite? ( in the past I have bought something for my old dogs from PAH but can't remember what it was called). Perhaps he won't make his 14th birthday but need to make his 13th special!  Appreciate any thoughts.

Mudmagnets:
Sorry to hear about your dog, was it PAH food you bought him? Wainwrights is their own brand, maybe that?

Hope he gets on well at the vet and feels better soon.

sodpot2000:
A cheap little supermarket chicken boiled up and stripped usually proves irresistible.

annclare:
Thank you folks. He has been kept in the vet's; they suspect a cancer, either spleen or liver. Not looking good for the dear soul. It may be that he won't come home. Glad it's not ultimately my decision, my son is in bits. I am thinking of all the times I've been in this situation - it never gets any easier, does it? x

Helen:
No, it never gets any easier  :-\

It seems that our beloved dogs go down very very quickly - thankfully in a way, far less suffering  :'(  :luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version