Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

My poor girl..keep her in your thoughts

(1/7) > >>

LinziS:
My girl Erin who is now 10yrs old is really being put through the mill . At the end of October she had blood work done prior to some dental work for wobbly teeth. The blood results were all over the place and further tests showed it was most likely she had pancreatitis ( had what they thought was pancreatitis in the January ). Erin is very good at hiding any discomfort/pain and would NEVER refuse a meal. She was commenced on low fat diet, painkillers and long term antibiotics. Things did not really improve and antibiotics discontinued after 8 weeks. She was then commenced on medication that would hopefully stop the pancreas from working to allow it time to recover but would give her the essential enzymes. Over the past few weeks she has continued to vomit intermittently and some days appears very low. She has also developed quite a thirst. Had her back today for a review . Urine test was high in protien and very diluted...further analysis will be done in external labs.Bloods have been taken as vet now thinks she may have kidney disease as well as chronic pancreatitis. Not sure how much more my girl can take as she certainly is not happy most of the time..but I don't want to think that way just now. Hoping that we see some improvement in the quality of her life....and she still has the wobbly teeth

Patp:
Just sending these for you - you must be beside yourself with worry  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Markr64:
Sending you lots of  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: I sincerely hope there is an improvement.

MacTavish Boys:
Sending you and Erin lots of love and healing thoughts  :luv: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx

its.sme:
Sending you both  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

I hope Erin feels better soon x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version