Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Update on Erin

(1/5) > >>

LinziS:
Results have came back and as suspected Erin does have chronic kidney disease as well as chronic pancreatitis. Her urea levels are very high...protein in urine high and specific gravity low. That and the specific blood test makes the diagnosis conclusive. Vet has asked us to take her in on Friday to get blood pressure monitored over a period of time . Have been doing some reading and now believe that high blood pressure might be the cause of her now being blind in 1 eye rather than age as thought.
She continues to be sick on occasions but is now being discreet and goes out to the garden.
I have shed a few tears today as I know in my heart that I have to make decision about what is best for her and not me but I have to see Vet for further discussion about long term treatment before I can do that...I just want to do what is best for my girl.

julie1:
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

luckypenny:
It's a horrible position to be in, but after you chat with the vet you should have a better idea of what the future holds. At least Erin is just living "in the moment", and has no idea, so just enjoy the time you have with her, and hopefully it will be longer than you think x 

Patp:
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Jaysmumagain:
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Julie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version