Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

whats your average day with a cocker

<< < (2/2)

rubyduby:
First Tablet to older dog (Topaz) , breakfast to both dogs, one low fat for Topaz and one allergy food for Amber. 10pm out for two hour walk, getting dragged along the path on the lead by Amber till released , Topaz trots along well behaved, chaotic walk trying to make sure Amber doesnt go to an area where deer/rabbits/ hares/ grouse or pheasants hang out, then she wont bomb off.

Both filthy so back at 12 for an outdoor hot wash, rub down and dried, mid day meal ...I sit down briefly

1pm i head off to walk another old sensible dog, Amber whinges doesnt want leaving, sulking when I go out

Return at 2 ish, welcomed ferociously by both dogs especially a very clingy Amber ,

5 pm is Topazs 3rd meal (she has 4 small a day due to health issues) Amber gets a little to stop her pinching Topazs,

8pm is Topazs second tablet, and then her 4th meal around 9 pm, have to defrost food etc for following day

Gordona:
I have a 17 week old working cocker. Our day goes like this….

Wake at 6.30am during the week and 7.30am at weekends, now he’s used to the crate

Walk around the block and then breakfast
20 min walk about 8.30am after child has been dropped off at school
Sleep and treat

Out every hour as still toilet training. Can go almost 1.45mins if needed

Training for 10mins at lunchtime. Lunch for him is served in a flying saucer. Good for him mind

Play time

Stuffed kong, licky plate

10 min walk after kid comes back from school

Dinner served at 5pm and from a wobble dispenser

10 min training

Hourly 5min walks

In crate and sleeping at 10.30pm

sophie.ivy:
Hi Lady and the cat! We have a 23 week old WCS and our day goes a little something like this:

6.15 wake up for morning wees, cuddles, and breakfast
8-9 walk in the park, play with friends, and fuss from ladies in the cafe whilst I have my morning coffee
10.30-11 cuddles and placeboard/retrieve training
12-1 lunch (training meal), cuddles and mooching about whilst I have lunch
2.30-3 walk in the park
4.30-6 cuddles, play, mooch about the house, lickimat with frozen yoghurt whilst I cook dinner
6 dinnertime
7-7.30 on lead walk around the town (if she seems unsettled or is having an energetic/Tasmanian devil day)
7.30-11 cuddles, lounging about on the sofa and chewing time (antler / yak cheese)
11 bedtime in crate with kong stuffed with Lily's bedtime biscuit and peanut butter

Ivy has a play pen with a bed we put her in during the day for naps between 'activities' and a crate for the night. She happily sleeps in both. We're going to start letting her sleep downstairs when she can be trusted not to chew all of the things and she is a bit calmer with her cat brother, who she is slowly developing an uneasy alliance with...

My top tip for getting into a routine for your new dog is start as you mean to go on. We both wish we'd started with a 7am wake up from day 1 and an earlier bedtime, but once you do it then your clever little pup won't let you forget it!!

Hope this helps :luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version