Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Desperately need some sleep help .

<< < (3/4) > >>

vixen:
Thank you for thinking of us.
It is very difficult for us when she doesn’t recognise us.  At least your Hattie knows who you are. :luv:
Stevie spends most of the day sleeping and only gets up when she wants one of four things, to wee, poo, food or drink.  We have to guess which of the four things it is   :005:
We do take her out for a short walk to try to get her interested in the different smells and scenery.
I have noticed recently that where she sleeps is sometimes a little damp, almost as though she has leaked a little when asleep.
I am looking at getting her incontinence pads which she will hate  :005:

phoenix:
Marti thought night was day when her vitamin B12 nosedived, also was depressed and lethargic.
. It is the same with humans.  The vet, like my GP , will poo-poo you, and the specific test is expensive.   However, B12 is harmless and any excess is excreted in the wee.  My vet , ( not mine any more!)reluctantly gave her an injection, and overnight she became a new dog.  If you want to avoid vets, you can get B12 capsules for dogs from Chemeyes.co.uk   and give one a day for a week,  then one a week.
Much has been written recently on humans diagnosed with dementia actually suffering from B12 deficiency, and perking up immediately .  My GP wanted to send me to a Memory clinic, with my B12  level rock bottom.  I took the vitamins instead and  my brain fog and blood levels recovered quickly.

vixen:
Thank you for the suggestion.
I am willing to try anything at the moment.  It is really difficult getting up several times a night, particularly in this current cold weather. 

Mudmagnets:

--- Quote from: vixen on February 12, 2021, 02:12:26 PM ---Thank you for the suggestion.
I am willing to try anything at the moment.  It is really difficult getting up several times a night, particularly in this current cold weather.

--- End quote ---

If you are looking for a B12 Supplement for dogs, my I suggest these from Protexin: they certainly improved my Branston when he needed some help in that direction a couple of years back, for ease because they are a bit fiddly I cut one end of capsule with nail scissors and just sprinkled it on his food.  https://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-supplements-cat-supplements-multi-vitamin-and-mineral-c-5_222/protexin-cobalaplex-for-cats-and-dogs-60-sprinkle-capsules-p-41030

Hope he is feeling better soon  :luv:

waggytails:
Thank you will give the vitamins a go. We have also bought a automatic cat feeder, omg it's a life safer😁,  she now wakes every couple of hours but goes to that instead of waking us up. 😀

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version