Cocker Specific Discussion > Rescue Cockers

Looking for a Rescue/Older dog

(1/3) > >>

octopus:
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an older / adult dog and looking at all the usual rescue sites. However if anyone here hears or knows of a dog looking for an experienced cocker home, I'd be really pleased to hear from you. I have had cockers for 21 years and live in the Midlands. I am an active retired person, and my cockers are my life.

annclare:
Yes, when you've shared your home with a cocker for many many years it's hard to be without one. I'm in a similar position; I have recently lost my darling girl and both myself and my male cocker (who has never lived as an only day before) are missing her desperately. I've had cockers for over 40 years and whilst obviously couldn't offer a puppy the ideal home, the golden oldies are the ones that pull at my heart stings. Good luck Octopus and please get in touch if you want to chat with me.

AndyB:
Have you tried CAESSR, I think they are based in the Stoke area.  There is also a Midlands area English Cocker Spaniel Rescue organisation,  (look on the English Cocker Spaniel Club website), and of course Spaniel Aid, but their rescue dogs could be fostered anywhere in the UK.

octopus:
Thanks for your help. Yes, I have tried Caessr and Spaniel aid and a few others too! Most rescues seem to have seen a rise in demand for dogs during the pandemic so there are fewer available, plus i think there is more private rehoming, with people selling dogs on the open market rather than using a rescue, as prices have risen. I will keep looking .....

Jaysmumagain:
https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/rehoming/dogs/filters/~395~~~~n~~

Just wondered if you have seen this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version