Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

Leg licking

(1/3) > >>

Lobo do Mar:
So....
Salty's latest 'idiosyncrasy' is licking my legs

Now its warm here its shorts all the time, and he is constantly licking my legs when I am trying to work at the computer or sit down anywhere

I tried spraying citronella insect repellent on my legs, which for a second or two made him screw up his face and retire to lick his chops, but then he was back to lick it all off again. Dumb mutt  :lol:

I think its a combination of:

- Love
- Attention seeking (he stops if I stroke him)
- Salt
- insect bites tasting good (weren't dogs used historically to heal wounds?)

But I just wonder how I can stop him?

bizzylizzy:
Humphrey always does it when I‘ve just had a shower/bath and have pampered myself with lotion, - my luxuriously soft smooth sweet smelling skin quickly becomes sticky and smelling of either tripe, cow dung or whatever disgusting thing he‘s just found!!  :lol:
All my dogs have had a bit of a fetish for feet - particularly OH‘s, the sweatier and smellier apparently the better! ......
As to how you can stop him? - I can only suggest socks!! (if you have any left, that is  :rofl1: ),

Lobo do Mar:

--- Quote from: bizzylizzy on July 14, 2021, 10:53:29 AM ---Humphrey always does it when I‘ve just had a shower/bath and have pampered myself with lotion, - my luxuriously soft smooth sweet smelling skin quickly becomes sticky and smelling of either tripe, cow dung or whatever disgusting thing he‘s just found!!  :lol:
All my dogs have had a bit of a fetish for feet - particularly OH‘s, the sweatier and smellier apparently the better! ......
As to how you can stop him? - I can only suggest socks!! (if you have any left, that is  :rofl1: ),

--- End quote ---

Socks - hahaha!
I bet my Luso-Britanic daughter would be even more proud of her English Dad's fashion 'sense' if I wore socks with my Crocks

Suncream is another problem, he licks it all off

MIN:
Gemma is a nightmare leg licker. She starts off gently licking then gets faster and faster then starts humping my poor leg. Weido spanner :luv:

Lobo do Mar:

--- Quote from: MIN on July 14, 2021, 07:45:12 PM ---Gemma is a nightmare leg licker. She starts off gently licking then gets faster and faster then starts humping my poor leg. Weido spanner :luv:

--- End quote ---

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version