Author Topic: Scavenging  (Read 4818 times)

Offline langcliffe

• Settle Music
Re: Scavenging
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 12:40:09 PM »
bramble 11 years old, has a basket muzzle because of being a scavenger, had it at vets suggestion, as she now has pancreatitis and will eat anything: any type of faeces, seaweed, dead animals, fircones etc etc.. and  is then poorly with colitis and needs antibiotics.. at least now we can let her off safely..eating sticks makes her sick up bile overnight.. after 2 years with a muzzle we thought she had broken the habit, but no.. so back on with it..
Linda & Allan
 www.settlemusic.co.uk
Thinking about Music....

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2022, 07:19:51 AM »
Hi, Salty also sometimes brings up bile - is this probably because he has eaten leaves off the plants in the patio or something?

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2022, 11:37:46 AM »
Hi, Salty also sometimes brings up bile - is this probably because he has eaten leaves off the plants in the patio or something?

It can be I guess, mine used to bring up bile in the mornings when they were hungry - so now I give them a biscuit before bed and it certainly has solved the problem.

re the muzzle, langcliffe, sorry to say but I don't think they ever break the scavaging habit once ingrained, Branston started with one at 18 months or so and is nearly 8 years and he still has to wear one for his safety and my peace of mind  (
  :huh:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.