Author Topic: Amazing rescue  (Read 2302 times)

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Amazing rescue
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 05:48:44 PM »
Must admit to being rather disturbed at this incident, that the dog was by law left for 48 hours because the comings and goings of a badger were more important and RSPCA stood bye this also.  Surely any animal in distress needed priority rescue.  Forgive me but I fully understand the need for badgers to be safe guarded but to basically leave a dog distressed for 48 hours along with the heart break to the distressed owners of which one was pregnant is to me a disgrace.

As you can see this has really rattled my cage >:D

Chill pill Julie - or a least a glass of wine ;)
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 08:34:28 PM »
I am really pleased this turned out well.  I am completely with you Julie, I am unhappy about the 48hr delay.  I understand that badgers need protecting, however, a little common sense would have gone a long way.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 09:38:05 PM »
I totally agree Julie! Its horrific to deliberately allow so much distress and also a case of double standards considering badger culling is still going on! I‘m not sure I‘d have been as law abiding as the poor owners...... >:D

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 08:50:56 AM »
Yes, the poor dog’s ordeal.  I can’t imagine what the owners went through knowing their dog was trapped and no one would do anything.  Makes me think if one of my dogs got trapped I may not do the ‘right thing’.  I am so pleased there was a good ending though.  How he managed to survive is a miracle. Typically though there were critics saying what a waste of resources to save a dog  >:D
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 09:41:16 AM »
Typically though there were critics saying what a waste of resources to save a dog  >:D
....which doesn‘t stand up either when one considers the revenue that the pet industry generates! But hey ho, bureaucracy rules!  >:D. Just happy that the little chap survived!  :luv: