Author Topic: Recommended dry food  (Read 2818 times)

Offline russ-g

Recommended dry food
« on: January 17, 2023, 09:04:50 AM »
Hi,

Stanley has been on Royal Canin Cocker Puppy dry food for most of his life. He's 7 months now. He absolutely loves the food but our supplier has said that stock is going to be limited for a while and as a result the prices are going up excessively!

Can anyone recommend a good alternative? I'd like to stick with dry kibble because it's easy, mess free and Stanley loves it. He does have a bit of a sensitive tummy as well so ideally it would be similar.

Thanks
Russ

Offline ips

Re: Recommended dry food
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 09:10:33 AM »
Ours had / has a sensitive tummy after much trials we settled on Arden Grange, not cheap but ...
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 11:03:36 AM »
My suggestion would be if you have not done so already, have a look on line and see if you can get a couple of bags at your current price - perhaps bigger bags to avoid post/delivery charges would work out cheaper?
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 07:04:18 PM »
Not bought dry food for a while, but mine used to love Eden Holistic semi-moist, also used Arden Grange and Burns.  I liked that they were all produced in the UK.

Offline sophie.ivy

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 01:29:11 PM »
I'm interested in this question too as I'm thinking about switching to cold-pressed dry food after hearing good things about it being easier to digest and not losing nutrients to the heat.

Will be keeping an eye on this :shades: to see if anyone recommends any cold-pressed options (like Forthglade or Tribal)

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 03:00:00 PM »
I tried Maisie on cold pressed food for a while after weaning her off her puppy food.  I used Ella and Co, their customer service is first rate and recommended.  There is a fish based option and also chicken based but Maisie sadly was never very keen on it so I went down the raw route.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart