Author Topic: Fat lump  (Read 1063 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Fat lump
« on: June 01, 2022, 11:02:37 AM »
My 10yo WCS has a ‘fat lump’ (and no not the owner) just on his tummy where hi front right leg starts. He also has a smaller one just next to it. Ive had him to the vets and he’s not worried at all. He simply says, “its not a tumour and its not threatening” To be fair my dog isn’t the slightest worried at all and he’s in excellent shape. He’s raw fed (Nutriment) and is a steady 15kg never going above and below 14.5kg-15.5kg for the last 7 years or so.

But I can’t help being worried about it. Are my fears justified or am i being a ‘wuss’?

Thoughts please…

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: Fat lump
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 11:08:54 AM »
My previous two girls had fatty lumps too and they never developed into anything sinister.
You  have done the right thing by getting them checked out, just monitor the size and shape of them to see if they change.  May be worth taking a photo with a measure for future reference.  I was told that  in cockers fatty lumps are common.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 11:46:38 AM »
My previous two girls had fatty lumps too and they never developed into anything sinister.
You  have done the right thing by getting them checked out, just monitor the size and shape of them to see if they change.  May be worth taking a photo with a measure for future reference.  I was told that  in cockers fatty lumps are common.

Thanks Vixen, like i said its not a problem, though it is noticeable when he’s been groomed as we get him cut quite short.

Offline Bevjparkes

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 12:46:44 PM »
My previous cocker had a number of these over the last 6 or 7 years of his life. The first one to appear was removed and tested and was confirmed as just a fatty lump. So all the others were just left as they appeared. Two of them became quite big but never caused him a problem.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 04:49:27 PM »
One of our previous dogs had a fatty lump, got to a certain size, didn't change and never did him any harm.  I think it appeared when he was around 7 years old.  Vet said just to leave it. 

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 05:28:01 PM »
My 12 yr old girl has a lump on her lower back, been there a long while, we had a biopsy but was a fatty lumo, so no probs, !!!