Author Topic: Brewer‘s Yeast  (Read 895 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Brewer‘s Yeast
« on: June 03, 2022, 07:05:44 AM »
Good Morning all!
Humphrey saw the head physiotherapist yesterday, he‘s still very reluctant to use his right leg although she, (and I)  have come to the conclusion that although it‘ll always be a problem, a lot of it is in his head and if he‘s distracted enough, he can walk fairly normally, its just easier for him to hop!  :shades: So we‘ve had lots of tips to help with that and we‘ve also bought a TENS machine to help stimulate the nerves
At the moment he gets green lipped mussel powder every day and she‘s suggested replacing  that with  a Vitamin B supplement for about 6 weeks, apparently I can either get that from a vet or simply give him brewers yeast at half the adult dose.
I‘ve googled it ofcourse  ph34r (I‘m my own worst enemy, !! :lol:) and now I‘m a bit unsure  as the advice on doseage varies enormously.
Do any of you give your dogs normal Brewers Yeast and if so, how much? or should I bite the bullet and buy Vitamin B from the vet? Any suggestions please?
Hope you all have a great weekend, - we‘ve been invited to an expats jubilee party so we‘re all trying to make English specialities using German ingredients!  :005: (Sausage rolls are the hardest wurst to adapt!  !  :lol:).
Xx Jayne ‚n Humph‘

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Brewer‘s Yeast
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 10:03:41 AM »
Sorry can't help with the brewers yeast.....although I take Vit B complex daily :005:

On to sausage rolls....those awful raw meat mince they serve on rolls in German Mett yuck.  Well get the pork add some white breadcrumbs some spices/herbs maybe a little thyme or sage nutmeg onion powder or anything comes to mind salt and pepper, and there you go....ala sausage meat.

Hope someone will answer the question for Humph.

Have you seen the new Jubilee dessert recipe....just in case you are feeling the need  https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lemon_swiss_roll_and_42467
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Brewer‘s Yeast
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 11:31:17 AM »
Thanks Julie, that looks delicious!
Xx :luv: