Author Topic: Fraser with ongoing gut issues. Saga warning  (Read 3443 times)

Offline tritonx

Re: Fraser with ongoing gut issues. Saga warning
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2022, 02:37:28 PM »
I’m so sad to tell you that an Xray revealed that Fraser’s lungs were filled with cancer and he was put to sleep yesterday afternoon. I know you all know the kind of grief this brings. I stayed over at a friend’s house last night and will head back home this afternoon and begin to process the loss of my beautiful boy. Thanks for your support over the many years I’ve been able to drop in with my questions and read your accounts of your own beloved companions.  This board is invaluable for all of us who love our beautiful, sweet natured, bright spirited spaniel souls who come to stay with us for too brief a time.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2022, 04:52:43 PM »
I am so sorry to read this, RIP Fraser, have fun over the rainbow free from pain and anxiety.  :luv: :luv:

Some special  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you mum at this sad time

Love Irene, Minstrel & Branston
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2022, 04:57:05 PM »
so so sorry to read this, I‘ve been thinking of you on and off all day.
There‘s little one can say that eases the pain other than you did everything humanly possible for Fraser, the journeys that you‘ve had to be undertake to ensure his treatment are almost unimaginable to the majority of us who can just pop up the road to the vets, Fraser couldn’t have had a more dedicated carer.
Once the initial stress and pain have eased, you‘ll be able to focus more on the happy time and  I‘m sure there were many.
Take care of yourself  :luv:  Run free dear Fraser, you were very loved x

Offline annclare

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2022, 05:28:43 PM »
This was the news I've been dreading reading all day. So very sad that your darling boy has left you. However long we have our dogs it is never ever long enough. No one could have done more for him and I know from experience it will have taken a heavy toll on you and you will feel it more now that he's gone, such an emptiness, so please look after yourself as Fraser would wish. Rest in love and peace Fraser, you will never be forgotten. xx

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2022, 08:40:20 PM »
So very sorry to hear this.  Unfortunately, nothing anyone says will ease the pain for you at the moment.
You know you did everything in your power for Fraser but when the grief is raw it doesn’t help.  But in the weeks ahead, you will look back and take comfort that Fraser is no longer in pain and you did everything you could.
Unfortunately the pain is the price we have to pay for their love
Even though the pain is intense when we lose them, we would do the same again to have the love they give..  Rest in peace Fraser, free from the pain. 
Most people on this forum have lost beloved dogs and we share your grief. 
My thoughts are with you at this sad sad time.
Hugs to you. :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2022, 10:31:10 PM »
I am devastated for you.  Fraser was loved without compromise and you did absolutely everything you could for him.  No words will help, but please know that we understand your pain and your loss.  Please look after yourself, and check in with us, if you feel you can.  Run free sweet Fraser, loved for eternity. xx

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2022, 02:41:43 PM »
I am so saddened to read this.  I was dreading reading this.

Your love and devotion to Fraser was uplifting and I am sending all my sympathies to you.

Your boy was loved and in this crazy world what more can a beloved boy need.

May our thoughts and messages from across the ocean bring you some sort of comfort at this sad time.

Take care of yourself.

Run free darling Fraser.

Love Julie

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline tritonx

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2022, 07:04:52 PM »
Thank you all for your caring wishes. The grief really is quite crushing. I went out yesterday to drive along a beautiful winding road near me with flashes of the sea between the trees and lovely gardens in the houses tucked in the woods. I stopped at a small park and as I was walking across the grass to the beach, I realised this was the park where I took Fraser for his puppy classes. He was hopeless, overwhelmed with excitement at being with other pups. He generally spent his time rearing and spinning at the end of his leash. I continued along the road to the end where a government wharf juts into the bay. Fraser used to love all wharves as the pigeons nested and cooed just under him and he'd spend the entire time with his nose pressed against the cracks between the boards. His entire bird dog lineage was awakened by the sounds and smells of the pigeons. There was a lovely little plant nursery in the woods and I went in thinking I'd get a small memorial Japanese maple for him, but came out with a dwarf gingko tree. I love the idea that it pre-dates the dinosaurs and has survived several extinction events. Being in such beautiful natural surroundings helped though, of course, I wish my boy could have been with me as he always was.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2022, 08:05:16 PM »
Heart-breaking but beautiful words  :luv: :bigarmhug:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2022, 06:51:47 AM »
Fraser is everywhere around you and these are the memories that will see you through this initial grief. He clearly had a wonderful life with you!  :luv:
 :bigarmhug:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2022, 03:34:59 PM »
Thank you for sharing these wonderful memories.  It's sounds like such a beautiful place with Fraser all around.

Take care of yourself

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed