Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Dogs and Fruit

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gilly:
Buttons loves fruit...and veg too :D, raw carrott, apple, bananas, anything really :)                    

Elaine:
My house dogs have always been fruitholics , in particular oranges , apples and pears. Della [Sh Ch.So Sad Cinderella] has a piece of each every day, it is impossible to eat fruit without sharing with her, I have even found stalks , where she has helped herself , probably fed up of waiting, must say it is the first time I have heard about grapes being bad for them, we always share a bunch of grapes!!
ET                    

Jane S:

--- Quote from: Elaine on February 08, 2003, 12:27:27 PM ---..must say it is the first time I have heard about grapes being bad for them, we always share a bunch of grapes!!
ET

--- End quote ---

Hi Elaine

Nice to see you on Cockers Online :) Here's a link to an article relating to the possible risks of grapes when eaten by dogs : http://vetprof.com/grapes.pdf It's a pdf file so you'll need Acrobat Reader to read it. There has also been a few cases recently of dogs poisoned by raisins - I think these cases were featured in Dog World.

Jane                    

Pammy:
Hello Elaine - welcome to the group, nice to see you here.

My folks had a cairn terrier that loved grapes too. The greatest thing was watching her play with them first. One grape would last for hours as she threw it around before finally eating it ;D I don't think she was ever in danger of eating too many ;D                    

Sheryl:
Chloe the wonder dog will be pleased that she can eat her clementines with impunity now.  I can't eat one in peace or slice a darn tomato without her appearing out of nowhere.   ;D  Poor soul, she needs more fruit and less rich tea, she is starting to look like a Butterball turkey... :(                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version