Author Topic: Dog Beds  (Read 13771 times)

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Dog Beds
« on: April 09, 2003, 03:29:19 PM »
What do your dogs sleep in (when not on your beds and settees  ;))?  

I'm thinking of getting Amber either a Durabed or a wicker basket with legs because she likes being off the floor...  Any suggestions?

(I've already told her she's not having the heart-shaped one featured on Petplant  ;D).                    

Anonymous

Dog Beds
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 03:41:01 PM »
dunno I haven't seen any off the floor myself... Jessie has large plastic one as I was advised they are best to clean and she had a huge cushion inside which is same shape?? make sense?? Argod do a lovely settee bed  ;D                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Dog Beds
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 06:51:17 PM »
Brook got this gorgeous looking one for his 10th birthday :-[(my excuse was I was picking Vegas up the same day and needed to make the birthday boy feel special ;)) It's in the style of those dougnut shaped ones with the inner cushion but isn't doughnut shaped and is much bigger - never mind, take my word for it, it looks comfy but he's only been in it a handful of times. I've seen those off the floor ones and they do look great. Haven't seen the heart shaped one on petplanet so must have a peek cos it's Vegas birthday next month ;)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Dog Beds
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 06:52:12 PM »
The wicker beds are often a target for chewing, it all depends on your pooch. You can get quite tuff raised beds made of metal tubing with tough nylon type fabric covering - provides a hammock kind of effect.

Pet Planet do them here

https://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop/dept.asp?d...p?dept%5Fid=135

PS just a note - if you decide to get one from pet planet - you can support Cockers Online by going through the link in the shopping channel ;D here

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewtopic . php?t=1324                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Dog Beds
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 08:57:48 PM »
Like Jessie Buttons juts has a run of the mill plastic bed ::) cheap, easy to clean, and inexpensive to replace if the need be. She has a lovely fleece throw from Next to snuggle up on inside it. Its actually supposed to be just a throw I think, but its very big and I fold it up for her and she likes to "scratch" it into position ;D
Also its brown, but obviously thats not the reason I bought it ::) honest ;) ;D                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Dog Beds
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 09:24:43 PM »
Morgan has a big rectangular shaped bean bed made from light brown cord with his name and a few paw prints sewn on in denim.  It was very inexpensive (£3 for cord, an old pair of jeans and a couple of old bean bags from a charity shop) as I expected him to chew it to bits - luckily he hasn't  :) .....yet!  I did se a really nice bed in the Waggers catalogue.  It was made from chocolate coloured fur, perfect match for Buttons!                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Dog Beds
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 11:07:13 PM »
Our younger ones have plastic beds with vet bedding inside - wouldn't trust them with bean bags or anything else remotely chewable ;D The oldies have a selection of soft beds with the most popular one being the doughnut kind - there is usually a race to see who can "bag" this one first. I look after 2 Cockers when ther owners go on holiday & they come with their "off the floor" beds made of metal tubing & with canvas covering - they seem to take up quite a bit of room & are quite expensive but the dogs do seem to like them :)                    
Jane

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Dog Beds
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 11:40:24 PM »
Lottie just has the starightforward plastic on....with teeth marks all around it from when she was teething ::)

She has vetbed in it and a fleecy throw.....oh and a towel, oh and chews, toys etc ::)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Tara

• Site Member
Dog Beds
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2003, 03:08:42 AM »
We got a wicker sleeper for our first cocker, Bruno but he chewed it up the first day! Only thing my dogs sleep on now besides the bed is a big stack of comfortors and pillows on the floor!  They love it!                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Dog Beds
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 09:40:59 AM »
Phoebe has a day bed - just a large duvet type thing - more for keeping hairs of the rugs (well its supposed to  ;)) but at night she still sleeps in her crate with the door open with a fleecy bed in it. (plus toys ;D)

We thought it would be good for her to sleep in her crate for when we go on holiday with her. She did have a wicker basket when she was smaller but she chewed it so it was confiscated. Can't trust her with it yet ;D.                    
Anita

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Dog Beds
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2003, 09:51:52 AM »
She did have a wicker basket when she was smaller but she chewed it so it was confiscated. Can't trust her with it yet ;D.

This reminds me of when I was a child and we had a lovely tri-colour rough collie called Cindy who had a wicker basket and never dreamed of chewing it.  She didn't mind sharing with our cat (who had kittens in it, whilst the dog was there!) and she also shared with my brother's puppy when she came along but Patch wasn't grateful and chewed the basket until all Cindy had left to sit on was a wicker base with a bit of stumpy edging - I've a really clear memory of her sitting proudly in her ruined bed! :)                    

Sue H

Dog Beds
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2003, 10:10:52 AM »
Barley has had an off-the-floor bed for a few years now - we got it one September at Blenheim Horse Trials and I think it is a Waggers one (well, the duvet-thingy that goes on top is Waggers, and it was from the same stand!)  When Bramble graduated from a cardboard box  ::) or should I say boxes  ;D I got him an ordinary oval plastic one with the cut-away front, but both dogs sleep in both beds and don't seem to have a preference!  The Waggers bed allows them to sprawl out more but I guess the other one is more snuggly ....  The Waggers bed is also handy since it has four legs about 4 inches tall, so I can get it under the kitchen table across the pedestal, which I wouldn't be able to with a flat-bottomed bed.                    

Offline Jen

• Site Member
Dog Beds
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2003, 12:56:05 PM »
Argod do a lovely settee bed  ;D

I saw that Lynseyloo  ;D- I was like ahhhh - my hubby told me to get real! :(

Monty sleeps in one of those cheap plastic dog beds - it get's a jet wash evry week (not while he's in it!) - Officially - inside he has a little fleecy banket, and if it's wet, old beach towels.....unofficially he has half chewed chews, bits of biscuits, quite a lot of the garden and a tennis ball that he hides until children are in close range....then he runs around frantically for them to throw it for him! ::) ;D                    
Jen & Monty xx

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Dog Beds
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2003, 03:53:20 PM »
http://www.bunkbuddies.co.uk/catalogue.htm

Seen it all now...  :o                    

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Dog Beds
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2003, 04:01:12 PM »
http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/dept.as...KE4NKC2FHJXFWVF

Nope - now I have!  I think Amber would probably like the orangutan one best  ;)