Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Lupi Harnesses

<< < (4/5) > >>

Anonymous:
have never used a lupi or a halti or anything else 'arness' wise... I use a half check collar as that is what I was advised by the trainer to get, although it set to never tighten on her neck I wouldn't allow that.  It doesn't tighten any tighter than a normal collar and that was ok with he trainer,
but now I am thinking halto or lupi might be the way to go...although a recent trip to pet shop showed me that the ones they stock are about £30...is that right?? cos Nicki's seemed really cheap in comparison, now I am not tight with money but if that fails and she doesn't get on with it, I have wasted £30...and I would rather not...catch me drift??..well anyway I would love to know of some decent stockists, mind you I spose its best to shop where I can try it on Jessie as you all know shes a tad lardy (well I think so) and she is probably in x x large size  ::)  maybe a trip to another larger store is in order... *tapping foot waiting for hubby to come home*                    

viv:
Hi,
Colin i have the same problem with William... he pulls no matter what i do...i spent a week getting no where except 3 doors down the road either way because every time he pulled i turned the other way where upon he pulled in that direction :-
He is at the moment on a normal collar but the noise coming from his throat is scary, i have tried   the halti...he pulled...the lupi...it rubbed...sitting on the ground and crying  ;) that didn't work so i am going back to a normal harness...it doesn't help the pulling but won't harm his neck.
Viv                    

Jane S:

--- Quote from: lynseyloo on April 12, 2003, 11:56:26 AM --- but now I am thinking halto or lupi might be the way to go...although a recent trip to pet shop showed me that the ones they stock are about £30...is that right??

--- End quote ---

Canine Chemists have Lupi harnesses for sale for under £6 & Haltis for something like £7, so it's probably worth you doing a search online Lynsey :) Canine Chemists have a site at http://www.hyperdrug.com/store/ though you might want to send for their brochure which is packed full of doggy items at good prices.                    

Shirley:
Boy are you right Colin  ;D
The extending lead seems like the perfect option when you have a young pup and aren't ready to let them off lead in public, but I made a rod for my own back :(.  When I first got Morgan I used it quite a lot but then we ended up with pulling problems.  I bought a halti and put it on - couldn't even bring myself to attach the lead - he went MENTAL  :o - I couldn't bare to see him so distressed and took it off straight away.  If anyone wants to try it, it's brand new and free to good home!!  ;)
Puppy classes have made a difference.  Talking to him all the time keeps his attention, not to mention a pocket full of gravy bones, and a half-check collar ;D.  He now only pulls for the first couple of minutes of the walk - till the excitement wears off - he starts to concentrate on the important business of sniffing.  :)
P.S  My vet advised against a harness as he said it would just let him pull in comfort and he'd never learn to walk on a loose lead  :-.  Mind you they do seem to work for some people.  :)                    

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: Jane S on April 12, 2003, 03:45:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: lynseyloo on April 12, 2003, 11:56:26 AM --- but now I am thinking halto or lupi might be the way to go...although a recent trip to pet shop showed me that the ones they stock are about £30...is that right??

--- End quote ---

Canine Chemists have Lupi harnesses for sale for under £6 & Haltis for something like £7, so it's probably worth you doing a search online Lynsey :) Canine Chemists have a site at http://www.hyperdrug.com/store/ though you might want to send for their brochure which is packed full of doggy items at good prices.

--- End quote ---

thanks jane, although I did buy a Mikki walk rite harness on saturday, but now I am not sure of it, it looks all fiddly to put on, I looked at the cannac harnesses but was steered away from them cos they tol me they wereot training harness just walking harnesses, but now I am thinkin I want to take this back... it looks like it cant be nice for her to wear  :'(                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version