Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Lupi Harnesses

<< < (5/5)

Anita:
Phoebe doesn't pull but she does still creep forward and comes back to heel when reminded. We have had to really reallt reinforce this. We keep her on a very short lead so she can't walk in front. If she does we walk the other way.

Its still very frustrating!!!!!!!                    

Anonymous:
well I took the silly harness cafangled thingy back to the shop, it was all my effort to get the silly thing on Jessie.

bought a halti to try, although the size 2 recommended on the packet was far too big for her and so got the size 1...   anyone else had good results with the halti?? please say you did..  ;D                    

Mike:
I'm currently trying the halti out on my springer, Lynsey.

She doesnt like it very much! But it stops her pulling, so I do ;D  I also dont find it the easiest thing to put on -  but you get used to it, as much as your dog will. I got the number 2 size as my springer's a little larger than the cocker. As we're walking along, she does try to scrape the collar off with her paw, but i'm not going to give in just yet - I'll give it a few more months to see how she adapts. If in the end she doesnt get used to it, I'll probably try some other collars/harnesses. To be honest though, I think the key is about persevering - your dog will resist, and you may feel bad about her seeming to dislike it so much, but you have to be firm and give it some time for the dog to get used to it (or not). Some people dont like collars such as the halti, because their dogs seem to dislike them so much - you'll have to try it, assess how Jessie reacts and see what you are comfortable with.                    

Inca:
The only problem I have with Inca is pulling on the lead. It isn't constant, sometimes he walks beautifully, but more often than not he pulls at some point on the walk. I too have tried walking in the opposite direction to the one he is pulling.........result.... I KEEP GOING DIZZY ::) ::) I do lead pratice in the garden..............result...........he waks beautifully to heel.
Try the same thing outside...NO CHANCE :'( :
If anyone finds the solution let me know Pleeeeease ;D                    

Anonymous:
thanks Mike, I will persevere  ;D I have put the haltio on at times to get her used to it and she was ok with it after a while, mind you the pigs ears helped somewhat  ;)                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version