Author Topic: What size of bed?  (Read 6541 times)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
What size of bed?
« on: May 05, 2003, 08:28:06 PM »
Morgan will be one in a couple of weeks and has, thankfully, not been much of a chewer (mobile phones and remote controls aside ;D) , so we've decided it's time to invest in a proper bed for him (sorry Vegas - Morgan is just a 'copydog').

The trouble is, I'm not sure what size to get.  Any advice??

Shirley

P.S.  Gill, how is Vegas finding his new crufts sofa bed, is there plenty room?                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What size of bed?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 09:11:22 PM »
Well all the boys have had a shot on it and they love it ;D. Its not big enough for Vegas or Brook to sprawl out on(they say thats what sofa's are for)  but they love curling up on it.  I bought Brook a fab bed from Pets at Home last year. Its along the same lines of those doughnut shaped beds, you know with the seperate cushion that goes in it? but its bigger. Its 90cm wide and they can sprawl out on that......looks really comfy too :) So if its a roomy bed your looking for that sort of size should be fine for him.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
What size of bed?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 09:23:37 PM »
Thanks Gill  :)

I am looking for something that is spacious, so will probably have to give the sofa bed a miss  :'(  as they only make it in one size, don't they?

Do Pets at Home have an online store?  They have a website with offers and stuff, but for the life of me I can't find a 'shop' section - probably right in front of my eyes!!
If not will have to see if I can find one elsewhere as I'm not going to the mainland till July.                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What size of bed?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 09:34:44 PM »
They used to have an online shopping facility but they stopped that last year. Have you tried Pet Planet? They might have something suitable. If its any help, the bed Im talking about is made by Canac......remember, once Morgan is snuggled up in his new bed, I want to see photos ;D                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
What size of bed?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 10:31:51 PM »
Gill, is the bed a soft or rigid one?  Can't seem to find any doggie products under canac - just stuff for cats.  Any chance of a picture of the bed - with Vegas, Brook and Dallas in it, of course.

I really don't know which type to go for but I'm having fun looking!  I'm definatley going to try and find something around 90cm since that gives plenty space.

What beds does everyone else have?  Do the soft beds go out of shape?  Do you put them in the washing machine?

::) You'd think it was a 'life-altering' decision - I do have a life - honestly!  ;D   ;D                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What size of bed?
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 07:23:11 AM »
Gill, is the bed a soft or rigid one?  Can't seem to find any doggie products under canac - just stuff for cats.  Any chance of a picture of the bed - with Vegas, Brook and Dallas in it, of course

Its a soft one and I'll try and get a piccie of it tonight for u.                    

Anonymous

What size of bed?
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 08:31:17 AM »
I ahve a large plastic one for Jessie, with a cushion insert cos I was advised to go for plastic over the others because of chewing and keping it clean.  But.....

I am still looking ofr a bed for upstairs aswell and thought I would get something a bit diferent, I have seen a very large square cushion and it was bargain price £9.99  but then I couldn't be bothered to carry it home from Town so I might go back to get that if I dont find anything else... at least it will do as temporary measure if nothing else..

Jessie does like to stretch, I read that about cockers before getting her plastic bed and made sure I got a large one, cos miss madam had long legs ;)                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What size of bed?
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2003, 06:24:40 PM »
Here is a pic of Brook in his bed. He can stretch out quite comfortably in it. I had originally bought the size down from that which was for medium sized dogs but he was a bit cramped so exchanged it for this one.                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What size of bed?
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 06:26:01 PM »
Excuse the mess guys  :-[ Really should ahve previewed the pic first eh ::)                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
What size of bed?
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2003, 05:46:58 PM »
Thanks Gill, that looks great - well stuffed so it won't go out of shape.  Brook does look very relaxed - lots of room to sprawl out.  Looks like just the thing for Morgan  :D.
P.S. I wouldn't worry about the mess.  I did a spring clean on Saturday and four people  who came into the house throughout the day commented on how tidy it was.  Makes me wonder what they were thinking before but didn't say!!  :-[  :-X                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
What size of bed?
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2003, 04:32:44 PM »
Shirley I don't know the size of the plastic bed mine have got but it's big enough to lay flat out in, unless they decide to share ;D
I have to add that they do have 2 other beds (one cage and a large quilted cushion within easy reach but seem to prefer to snuggle up together (d'ya blame them :D)                    

Anonymous

What size of bed?
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2003, 05:27:06 PM »
aww look at them all squiiiished together bless love em!                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
What size of bed?
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2003, 09:32:50 PM »
Michelle, they look so cosy  :D  That's one of the best photos I've seen.  Makes me see what Morgan's missing out on - need to get a brother for him soon!  ;D