Author Topic: Working Training Diary  (Read 6810 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Re: Working Training Diary
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 07:36:14 PM »
yes he was 10 months,  it was a novice trial run locally he was then sold on by his owner/ handler to another fellow who is into trialling as well. he has won loads now but still hasnt acheived a ftch as yet. he may never do maybe thats why he was sold on richard seems to have an eye for dogs which are going to do well for him very early on. He must see something special which they look for in trials I dont know.

edited to add ...I dont really know for sure but I dont think  there shouldnt be any joint damage as they are not heavy boned dogs and they just go out for short bursts in a trail its not like working a dog on the hill all day. And keepers with young dogs wouldnt work them hard straightaway they would be eased into the job a day here a day there depending on how the dog is coming on.
 every dog man will have his own ideas and methods and although similar there will be differences, its the same with shepherds and their dogs you get good dogs and bad shepherds and vice versa, Im sure you get the same in the spaniel world.

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 07:40:09 PM »
yes go for it Scott you will probabley get her trained fully before I finsh Floss and get Scout started so it will be interesting to read
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 08:09:29 PM »
are you doing the same on NOB's scott?  you'll be too busy 'blogging' to train :shades:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Millomite

• Amber (CS), Brook (Lab) & Fern (CS)
    • Amberquest Gundogs
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
Probably not. Just here

Wont be a blog thing, possibly just fortnightly or monthly update on techniques etc

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 01:38:24 PM »
what a great idea.i will be watching this with interest.
i love watching dogs growing and learning,even basics like sit and stay.
how clever dogs are when they understand every word we say to them yet we don't fully understand what they say to us :005:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 05:13:56 PM »
you got it lyn! they are very smart. when I ask "are you ready" my lot bolt for the door, Its a phrase I was always using with my son who was NEVER ready when it was time to go anywhere, he never had his shoes on... and the dogs clicked it meant we were going out. the kids are grown up and away now but if I say the magic words the dogs are all gathered at the front door ready for the off!

Offline wendline

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »
Yes Woody and I would be very interested. I have no knowledge whatsoever but Woody is about to commence formal gun dog stuff having done general puppy classes and obedience since 4 months. He comes from working stock and although I can't ever imagine myself going shooting I would like to learn what i can do with him to keep his lively mind happy and occupied. He swweps the woods and fields naturally and is an absolute joy to watch when we are out.

Wendy and Woody