Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Agility

(1/3) > >>

FionaM:
Poppy and I went to our first agility class last night and it was brilliant  :D

The class was held in a field on a farm and we had great fun trying to get our dogs to go through tunnels and over jumps. Poppy went absolutely nuts and loved it! I don't think I've seen her enjoying herself as much except when I play 'hunt the cheese' with her :) Her bum was wiggling the whole time and she was squeaking with excitement whenever she had to wait her turn. Can't wait for the class next week!  ;D

Does anyone else do agility? I think Dessie does it with her dogs but does anyone else do it?                    

Mike:
Nope - but I want to with Jazz! It sounds excellent fun! ;D

So did you manage to get Poppy through the tunnels and over jumps?  ;D                    

Mary:
No....we don't do agility but it sounds great.  Always love watching the agility as the dogs get SOOOOOOOO excited and it's brill to see them really enjoying themselves.

Where did you find out about it Fiona?  Would love Lottie to do it but 'Loopy' is her second name ;D                    

FionaM:
She LOVED the tunnel Mike! When she was off the lead she kept running through it for the fun of it  ::) The jumps weren't such a success though, the first time she tried she just ran straight into it and it all fell down on top of her and she was a bit wary of it after that, but with a bit of encouragement (ie sausages ;)) she was jumping over very low jumps  :)

I did a search on the internet Mary and found a site about dog agility. It was ages ago though and I can't remember the site. I think someone (maybe Dessie) posted the link on COL  ??? I phoned quite a few places in Scotland and they all had waiting lists. This was the first club to have a place for me. I'll try to find the link for you.                    

Mike:

--- Quote from: Fiona on July 10, 2003, 04:28:49 PM ---She LOVED the tunnel Mike! When she was off the lead she kept running through it for the fun of it  ::)
--- End quote ---

Ah, thats lovely ;D Proves how much she enjoyed it doesnt it!

So did you guys get any training at this class then, on how to make Poppy go through the tunnel and over the jumps?  :D                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version