Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

a list.....

<< < (2/3) > >>

Anita:
Oh Jen - just when you thought he was growing up :(

We tried the bitter spary when Phoebe had a go at the skirting board. She stopped but I have my doubts about whether it was the spray or not.

I hope she doesn't pick up Monty's chewing phase as I'd hoped we would be past the temptation stage by now! Hope he starts to behave himself soon :)                    

Jen:

--- Quote from: Colin on July 20, 2003, 04:51:49 PM ---Don't waste money on "Bitter Bite". I sprayed this on everything Jimmy had chewed and also things he hadn't yet discovered . Unfortunately he liked the taste and my spraying everywhere indiscriminately just attracted him to fresh new things to munch on. >:( Luckily he grew out of that phase pretty quickly, I've got my fingers crosssed that my new little monster will too.

Strange how I find Monty's chewing is cute and endearing but Misty's is the work of the devil.  ??? ;D

--- End quote ---

I thought as much about the bitter spray thing.....am certainly not going to spray willy-nilly around my kitchen now you've said it may attract him to eat all my units :o - It's a tough one, because, this is clearly something Monty does when I'm not there and he's bored - so it's hard to constructively tell him off (though at times I can't help it :-[) - Fingers, toes and the zillions of bats in my garden crossed, that the little tyke will grow out of this Phase as quick as Jim-bob did.

Funny you should say that you find Montys habit "cute & endearing" Colin .....I bet Misty will look like a wee angel as she tucks into your walls, doors, shoes, chairs........... ;)                    

Anonymous:
well as Monty is around the same age as Jessie I can sympathise...the list as far as my meory goes is... so far..  ;D

kitchen cupboards scratched
kitchen door chewed
timberlands chewed up
trainers chewed up
toy chewed up (and as I saw it when it got the other end I wasn't sure what it was but it had a hand)
balls punctured
soap nicked from bathroom

think thats it for now... shes isn't that bad, and most of this was in the early days of getting her...although.... she does know how to open the firdge and empty its contents, she came runnin out her basket last week with a yogurt pot thinking she was well clever  ::)  ;D ruined about £20- worth of food I had just bought that morning..  ::)   ;D                    

Barry Sharpe:
george is a chewer too he is 1 year old and has succesfully chewed through the following.

Kitchin Carpet
Pens, Pencils, and Rubbers
no less than two eye pieces and thier respective caps costing over £200 each!! :-[
socks never the same pair twice
2 frizbies
3 tennis balls
1 leather football which now he owns :P
plastic bottles ( He Loves these)

The list goes on and we have to be very quick to catch him at it...                    

KellyP:
I have to say that Millie is a chewer aswell... it kinda gets you to the end of your tether sometimes.

For example, for reasons best known to herself she has decided to become a bindog ... she goes to the bin (bathrrom / bedroom bins not kitchen), picks out a delectable looking piece ... tears it to shreds and then picks out another ... this can include tissues, junk mail, cotton wool, empty shampoo bottles, empty ibuprofen packets ... the list of what "could" be in there is endless - so now she's not allowed upstairs on her own .. and the doors are firmly closed.

When left on her ownshe will destroy almost anything in reach ... today the door to the living wasn't quite closed and I have come home to the destruction of

a dvd case!! (luckily the dvd is ok, but blokey won't be impressed when he gets home  :-  >:()
my hand cream
nail files (x 3)
post that was on the coffee table
mug coasters
sellotape
plastic casing off a paint brush (please don't ask why it was in the living room  ::) )

apart from anything else, not only will she destroy these things but given half the chance she actually EATS the stuff - the amount of times I have had to prize something out of her mouth is countless

I really sympathise Jen - I thought they were supposed to get better not worse  ::)  :-[   :(                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version