Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

Teenage Tantrums

(1/3) > >>

Anonymous:
Well as most of you know I recently had a weekend away in the tent with boys and Jessie,  well ever since we got back Jessie has wrecked the kitchen whenever left, its almost like shes had us all to herlsef for the hols and now shes back and has to fit in with routines and be left, shes gonna cause havoc..

she opens kitchen cupbaords and the fridge and empties the contents into her basket.  >:(

I have tried barracading the doors with heavy weights (she moves them) I have a lock on the fridge door, (shes gets in it) having said that it is only a temporary lock hubby did, not proffesional one.  I dont want my kitchen to resemble an assault course, so please help, what can I do????  I haven't wanted to bother anyone cos I felt I had bothered you all enough with my worrying over her op, but as thats now delayed for a while, I thought I could tackle this.

otherwise hubbys ready to post her to her boyfriend Dallas  :o  ;D

desperately seeking solution...   all offers of help accepted
gratefully  ;D                    

Silver Surfer (indiesnan):
If Jessie isnt used to a crate ,why not try keeping her

occupied by putting some treats in a cong or cube.

this can keep her amused whlile you are out.  ;)                    

Silver Surfer (indiesnan):
Oh,  forgot to add maybe her behavour has something

to do with her phantom pregnancy.  ::)                    

Mike:

--- Quote from: Indiesnan on July 26, 2003, 09:54:27 PM ---Oh,  forgot to add maybe her behavour has something to do with her phantom pregnancy.  ::)

--- End quote ---

well I think that you could be right Indiesnan, especially as Lynsey says Jessie is taking everything back to her basket - akin to nesting?                    

Pammy:
Sounds like it to me Lynsey :'( Poor Jessie :'(

She's obviously feeling very confused at the moment and the holliday pe5rhaps hasn't helped. You weren't to know though and there's nothing you could have done about that bit. Sounds like she's trying to make a nest and build her own security too.

Jane may know of a homeopathic remedy you could try to calm her - perhaps Bach's Rescue Remedy would help - or even something like Serene-um, which is for anxious dogs, or the human one called Kalms.                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version