Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Bones

(1/3) > >>

caroljay:
Hi Folks ,

After my e-mail about how many times to feed Coco a day etc , I was wondering how old and if ok what type of bones we can give him . My other half eats lamb like no-one else I know so I'm sure there will be at lamb leg bones in the house at least once a week .

I would also like to know do I still have to give him some puppy type of stuff ie : Rice pudding , scrambled egg , readybrek etc . Also will he still require puppy dog food or is there a brand of dog food that is commonly liked ie IAMS ???

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to get it right ,

As soon as I get him ( with his overgrown coat ) I will post a photo of him on the website as he is beautiful and has a real cheeky little face ,

Thanks regards

CJ                    

Anonymous:
Hi CJ!!

Ok on the bone front, I would personally stay away from giving your dog lamb bones, the reason being as they splinter into quite sharpe pieces which could be quite dangerous ::)  I don't know how old your doggie is Indie is 20 weeks and I don't get her bones yet, I get her pigs snout from the pet shop and dentarasks to help control tartar build up ;D  On the food front, I hear that a lot of pet shops are no longer stocking IAMS and EUKANUBA for the reasons I will mail you privately if you wish, I don't know if its ok to post on here ???

We were feeing Indie firstly on NUTRO but she wasnt very keen on it a tad bland for Indie, then we swapped to JWB (James Wellbeloved) which she did enjoy for a time but again she got fed up with it :-  She is now on a all natural food called AUTARKY which was recommended by Lynseyloo and she loves it, its also VAT free  ;D

Good luck!!

Emma                    

Anonymous:
How old is Coco CJ???                    

caroljay:
Hi Coco is 7.5 months old . As I said we are getting him second hand ( or paw ) , and I would really like to make sure I do it all correctly . From what we saw when we visted where he currently lives - he has been well taken care of and he is a very happy and playful pup. However his diet is very dry and dull and I would like to change this and this is why all the questions.

We are intending to feed him somethng dry during the day and in the evening when we are eating give him some better variety - and hopefully also stop him getting up at the table when we are eating .

regards

CJ                    

Anonymous:
Try looking at this site CJ

http://www.autarky-foods.com/

It tells you all about the food I was telling you about!                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version