Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Bones

<< < (2/3) > >>

KellyP:
Talking of bones - I recently bought 2 hollow bones for Millie - one filled with a cheese paste and one filled with a chicken paste. She has long ago cleared out the cheese and chicken (although sometimes I stuff a dairylea triangle down one as a treat!)and is now chewing them - some of the noises are horriffic!  :o sounds like her teeth are breaking off!
I've no idea what kind of bones they are - although I presume leg bones from a cow or maybe horse  :( as they are quite big.
Should I take them off her now they are empty? She's 10months now.                    

LeeC:
We feed uncooked brisket bones to our dogs, upon the breeders recommendation, and have had no problems as they are soft enough for them to chew up.

Lee                    

Mike:
Posted on behalf of Lynsey, who seems to be having problems posting this morning :)

--- Quote from: caroljay on September 13, 2003, 09:00:54 PM ---Hi Coco is 7.5 months old . As I said we are getting him second hand ( or paw ) , and I would really like to make sure I do it all correctly . From what we saw when we visted where he currently lives - he has been well taken care of and he is a very happy and playful pup. However his diet is very dry and dull and I would like to change this and this is why all the questions.

We are intending to feed him somethng dry during the day and in the evening when we are eating give him some better variety - and hopefully also stop him getting up at the table when we are eating .

regards

CJ

--- End quote ---

I would recommendyou keeping coco on the same food he is currently on for a short while as with the move to a new home it can cause runny tums anyway, and you do not want to add to this IMO...I would change his diet a little way down the line, I was in a similar position I was first able to give a home and hug my baby when she was nearly 6 months, and she was on a diet that clearly didn't agree with her, her skin itched, her coat was dull etc..  Like Emma told you I put Jessie on Autarky and haven't looked back, even my yorkie likes it, but I am not for one minute saying it is right for every dog, they are like us...all individual  ;D  
but...that said I know have a non itchy dog with a glossy coat...it works for her...and poppy the yorkie was always a scruff so thats hard to tell any change.. lolololol  ;D                    

Silver Surfer (indiesnan):
Hi Lynsey, we bought our first bag of autarky yesterday,
as you know my nell is on JWB,.. anyway i put Autarky in one hand and JWB in the other!!! i did this about four times and each time, she made a beeline for the Autarky, :D so thanks for the tip, ;)...The price is also less than half the price of JWB as well.   ;D                    

Anonymous:
*fingers crossed this post will actually post*

your welcome barb..  ;D                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version