Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

HELP!!!!

(1/2) > >>

queenspangle:
??? ??? ???

This may sound like a really silly question but I have 2 cockers they will be one tomorrow and as far as we can tell have no yet come into season.

My partner and I went away for a week in August (from the 4th) they stayed with my MIL and here 2 old english dogs!  they all get on great, well in the past 2-3 weeks one of my cockers Maisy has put loads of weight on, well over the weekend 3 :o different people asked me if she was pregnant!!  One of them was a bredder and said, Oh god I your breeding them already are you?!

I am so scared and feel so silly but can she get pregnant if she has never had a season and also how can i tell for def if she is?!

What can I do, she is sleeping all the time, I have had a good feel and all feels normal pretty normal but she is big and getting bigger by the day, her teats are all swollen up, what do i do?

Do you think it may just be her coming into season?

??? :( ??? :'(                    

Anonymous:
Hi Queen!

I am really no expert but I believe they cannot get pregnant unless they are in season, as Jane answered this question to me at the weekend :)  But I can understand your concerns from maisy's symptoms :o  it may just be a phantom!  But I personally would be on the phone to the vets making an appointment, I think its best to gt it checked out! :D

Let us know how you get on, if you decide to taker her!

Emma                    

queenspangle:
thanks, I think I may take her up to the vets this afternoon!                    

Anonymous:
I am no expert either..but I would get her checked out...cos jessie had a phantom recently..before the spay.... best to get her checked...any weight gain should be checked in my opinion anyways.                    

queenspangle:
thanks honey xxx                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version