Author Topic: Apple ipod shuffle  (Read 1868 times)

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Apple ipod shuffle
« on: June 05, 2007, 10:44:43 PM »
Becky got her Ipod shuffle today.  It's been on charge for hours but the orange light is still flashing - when we try to use it, the recharge light still flashes? 

Becky did try to down load songs before charging and I wonder if this has something to do with it?  I've been on their website but no answers there!

Can anyone help?  It's connected to the usb port that we use for the camara/printer etc.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Apple ipod shuffle
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »
I sometimes have trouble getting mine to engage in the charger so jiggle it around a bit perhaps?

Cazzie

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »
Is it flashing green or amber?  ;)

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:08:13 PM »
It's flashing amber?

Cazzie

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 11:11:43 PM »
It's flashing amber?

Sorry didnt read youre post correctly  :embarassed: Try another USB port? You should have more than one.  :blink:

Cazzie

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 11:24:19 AM »
How's the Ipod?  :blink:

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 11:06:52 PM »
How's the Ipod?  :blink:

Very well now thanks!  I put it on charge at work and the light was still flashing - our student told me that that was OK and it was fully charged.  Once home I had to ban Becky from going anywhere near the PC (she still hovered though) while I went on the website and downloaded various things.  It took a bit more brain work than I thought but we now have music!

We went to a dog training class tonight and Beck was oblivious to everything as she played with her new toy!

New technology and me don't mix too well .......... Becky is too impatient and knows everything without reading instructions  ;)

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »
I'm having the same trouble here. OH got one as a pressie and now wants to charge it up for the first time so we can take it on hols soon.

I've tried a different usb port, I've tried jiggling it around too but the amber light is still flashing. Any ideas anyone?

Debbie, I agree about the website not being too helpful.  >:(

Cazzie

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 03:51:30 PM »
How long are you charging it for? as it should be charged in around 3-4 hours And which USB port are you using?  as it should be a high powered USB port. Also a daft question is the computer power on and not on standby or sleep as this can affect the charging. I tunes have help pages that you could look at if you are still having problems.  :blink:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 04:40:12 PM »
I've been using a usb port on the front of the tower, the same one as Chloe uses for her Sony Bean, and the pc has been on full power all the time, with just the screen saver going. :dunno:

Offline j-u-l-e-s

• Site Member
  • Lirah
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 09:59:16 PM »
Try using a USB port at the back just to make sure it's not the port. Because everyone tends to use the from ones all the time and they can get worn (highly unlikly but you never know)
When your iPod shuffle is connected to a computer, you'll see the amber light. A blinking amber light means, "I'm busy. Please don't disconnect me." If you have disk mode turned on, the light will blink whenever the iPod is plugged in. With disk mode off, the light blinks only when it's transferring music. Be sure you click the eject icon next to the iPod name in iTunes before unplugging a blinking iPod. If the amber light isn't blinking, feel free to unplug at will.

Here is also a link from apple to troubleshoot it:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304510

Ž––––•Jűlęz•––––Ž

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 10:55:50 PM »
All sorted now thanks guys.  :shades: