Author Topic: George Caddy Book  (Read 6769 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
George Caddy Book
« on: September 29, 2003, 03:44:34 PM »
The Amazon USA website has a number of copies of the much sought after George Caddy book "English Cocker Spaniel" through one of it's marketplace sellers for $24.....it works out at about £25 including postage to UK.

I've already tipped a few people off and the number available is down to 20 (last time I looked)........... so if you are interested you better hurry because they are going fast ! ;)                    

Offline Jenny_930

• Site Member
George Caddy Book
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 04:08:47 PM »
Just tried to order, sadly already sold out!   :-[ :-[                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
George Caddy Book
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 04:16:09 PM »
Sorry about that Jenny........ I tried the link about 10 mins before posting and there were still 20 left. Either they originally made a mistake or someones sneaked in there and bought the lot. It was a good price to as one went for  about £100 on ebay recently.

I'm going to delete the link now ! ::) Sorry folks. :-[                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
George Caddy Book
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 04:54:03 PM »
How interesting Colin.  I have that book and it is excellent - wish I had a few extra ones to sell ;D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
George Caddy Book
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 04:56:57 PM »
How interesting Colin.  I have that book and it is excellent - wish I had a few extra ones to sell ;D

So do I Linda - we'd be quids in ;D                    
Jane

Offline gerry

• Site Member
George Caddy Book
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 09:30:46 PM »
Damn and blast!  I really would like a good book on Cockers, if anyone has any other recommendations I would be grateful.  I already have the owners guide to cocker spaniels by Frank Kane, but I am really after something more "meaty".

Thanks,
Gerry                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
George Caddy Book
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 09:45:07 PM »
Well I've already got the book but I ordered 2 more, unfortunately I've since had an email to say they made a mistake and no longer stock it and can't fulfill my order  ! >:( Serves me right for being greedy I suppose. ::)  

I know Gill, Mary and Loraine ordered it too, hopefully their orders don't get cancelled as well, between us that accounts for the quantity going down from to 25 to 20. Did anyone else manage to get a copy before they mysteriously vanished ? I hope somebody did.

It's like gold dust that darned book......why they don't reprint it I don't know.

Gerry.....the Joyce Caddy book "Cocker Spaniels Today"  is worth getting, loads of breed standard info and grooming advice, plus lots of good photos (in black and white unfortunatley). Some interesting show champion lists too. :) Only goes upto about 1991 though.                    

Offline gerry

• Site Member
George Caddy Book
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 10:04:18 PM »
Cheers Colin!  What a star  ;D

I'm off to Amazon in a mo!                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
George Caddy Book
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 10:05:57 PM »
Unfortunately, I got an email this evening telling me that they were sold out by the time they got my order from Amazon so i won't be getting my book either :(                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
George Caddy Book
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 10:11:58 PM »
Oh no...I don't wanna tempt fate here but I've not got the email yet, just a matter of time I reckon though :'( >:(                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
George Caddy Book
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 01:10:52 PM »
There are always quite a few different Cocker Books on eBay, haven't seen the BIBLE (this is what we call the George Caddy book over here) on their though but Joyce's has been and some by HS Lloyd and Kay Doxford.

Dessie :D :D                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
George Caddy Book
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 02:01:07 PM »
Gilly intruduced me to Ebay and I check daily but haven't come across it so far :-  I'm aware that it was on there once and the bidding got well out of hand  ::)

Still no email from Amazon...fingers crossed for me.  Trouble is I'm now worried that they're taking my money and I won't get the book ???                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
George Caddy Book
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2003, 05:37:01 PM »
:( I'll get the refund and no book :'(  Email arrived this afternoon >:(                    
Mary & Lottie x

Anonymous

George Caddy Book
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2003, 07:53:20 AM »
and theres me never heard of this book... I have the frank kane one also...and an older frank kane & phyllis wise, always look for others but never see them...  I will keep my eyes peeled for this one then..

can just see it now...all COL members trying to outbid each other on ebay using  names we dont recognise, just so you know I am lynseyloo on there aswell...rotf... :P  ;D                    

Offline NinaW

• Site Member
    • http://home.online.no/~nwaldela/
George Caddy Book
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2003, 09:34:06 PM »
Hi

It is funny to read that the Caddy book is known as the bible amongst some of you.  
I think it is a good book myself, but the BIBLE must be the Peggy Graysons book, that is just SOOOO GREAT!!  I just love that book as you might understand ;D

Nina