Author Topic: Cocker Colours  (Read 7979 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Cocker Colours
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2003, 10:28:11 PM »
Trouble is some of the photos you have been looking at are of Cockers in other countries where different breeders use different terms. No UK breeder would use the term "red roan" for example. Also the photos vary enormously in quality - there are some very bad photos on that World site & you can't really say what colour the dogs really are ;)

Sable is a v controversial colour - none have been seen in the UK for decades although I believe a couple have recently been imported by a UK breeder. It remains to be seen what impact if any they will have :)                    
Jane

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Cocker Colours
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2003, 09:08:30 AM »
No UK breeder would use the term "red roan" for example.

Funny you should say that Jane, as we apparently have a strawberry roan cocker coming in next week :- Its got me all intrigued now because Ive never heard of that colour - but it does sound lovely ;)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Cocker Colours
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2003, 09:35:46 AM »
No UK breeder would use the term "red roan" for example.

Funny you should say that Jane, as we apparently have a strawberry roan cocker coming in next week :- Its got me all intrigued now because Ive never heard of that colour - but it does sound lovely ;)

Bet it's an orange Gill ;) Unfortunately under the current registration system, there's nothing to stop inexperienced breeders registering their litters with made-up colours eg I've seen litters registered as peach & champagne, apricot & brindle - the mind boggles ;D                    
Jane

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Cocker Colours
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2003, 05:38:55 PM »
lol Jane  ;D  ;D

you can check out various colours here :

http://w1.457.telia.com/~u45710745/

including sable - not sure about it myself ... but I'm  not sure about liver/choc and tan either  :-

from that site I can count 17 colours, not including sable

Black; Black & tan, Black tan & white; Black &white; blue roan; blue roan and tan; liver/choc; liver/choc roan; liver/choc & tan; liver/choc and white; liver/choc white and tan; liver/choc roan and tan; red; orange and white; orange roan; lemon and white; lemon roan

They haven't included gold as a separate colour

Modified to add in this link too

http://www.stirling-ecs.org/general/rainbow.html                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Cocker Colours
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2003, 10:57:50 PM »
Yes I posted that first link earlier on in this thread - it's the one where I made the comments about the bad photos ;D Same goes for the second link - some really awful photos on their too sadly ;) Neither of these are UK sites - I will try & find the list of accepted colours that the UK Breed Council has submitted to the Kennel Club, though I'm sure we've already covered them by now :)                    
Jane

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Cocker Colours
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2003, 05:00:34 PM »
oh yeah Jane - I see your link now - I think I must be going blind .. or loopy... or maybe both  ;D  ;D  ::)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Anonymous

Cocker Colours
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2003, 08:45:52 PM »
;DOh my oh my I have fallen for the chocolate and sable BIG TIME how sweet!!!! ;D

I love ALL cockers they are just the bestest doggies ever ;D