Author Topic: Mouser Cocker  (Read 6015 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Mouser Cocker
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2003, 02:30:41 PM »
You're all welcome to borrow my cat Miyagi who is an expert mouse-catcher. She wont eat the bodies so no chance of poisoning there - but she does love to play football with the heads that she's bitten off  ;D

Erm, thanks but no thanks Mike !

I think I'd rather have a few live mice than a sadistic cat booting dead heads about the place.  :o  ;D                    

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Mouser Cocker
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2003, 08:08:46 PM »
Hel, I did check out the website for a mouse poison supplier when we had our invasion - it stated that any dog or cat would have to eat an enormous quantity of poisoned mice to be affected themselves. I didn't have the confidence to put it to the test though....

I spoke to a person who does pest control for the council today (rather than the nice lad answering the phone -who had just moved up to the area and was in a new job).  He said, as I suspected, that he would not put poison down as Pip is catching them.  I said that the nice lad had said that there is a poison which will not hurt Pip - there isn't, he said.                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Mouser Cocker
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2003, 09:35:14 AM »
For thos in the north, you can also borrow my mouse catcher - if only I could get her out of her fleecy cat bed ;D!

She only eats the heads too ::)                    
Anita

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Mouser Cocker
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2003, 11:04:21 PM »
Update on the mouse problem:

Dogs have been away to my parents and I have not caught a single mouse despite having 12 traps down for over a week.  I also can't hear them nor have any signs.

What is strange is that, before the dogs left, there was obvious signs of a mouse in a cupboard.  I haven't caught this mouse in a trap - but Pip was here for a day and a night after seeing the signs.  I can only assume that the lonely mouse has left or Pip has also eaten that mouse (and god knows how many others!).  He was taking his duties as mouse catcher very seriously and was patrolling the kitchen (i.e. wrecking it) to get them.  Whatever, Pip seems to have solved the mouse problem.  

Who needs a cat when you have a mouser cocker!                    

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Mouser Cocker
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2003, 05:04:19 PM »
We used to have mice in our old cottage.  I never set traps inside the house, always outside round the walls.  I used to leave them set all day but then a robin got killed in one so hubbys first job before he went to work was to empty the traps.  That poison is horrible stuff.  We used that too, at first anyway.  Yes, it does poison them, yes they do go away to die.  Under the floorboards where they start decomposing and the smell is indescribable.  I had to lift carpet and boards to get the little blighters out so Lou could use her bedroom again.  I am now in a small town.  No mice, just annoying teenagers.  Could do with a trap for them.... :lol:  :lol:                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe