Author Topic: Dog Theft  (Read 2569 times)

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Dog Theft
« on: November 10, 2003, 09:18:33 PM »
Apparently dog theft is on the increase  :-  :'(  >:(

There's a special program on Thursday Morning @ 10:15 on BBC1 called Britain's Streets of Crime - that's BBC West Midlands, not sure if it's nationally or not

Just thought I'd let you know in case anyone is interested  :)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline T

• Site Member
Dog Theft
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 10:22:00 PM »
Cor blimey yeah ... we just caught the very end of a program tonight about it too ... 'Real Story' on BBC1 ... had a Miniature Schanuzer that was reunited with it's owners and then a tearful young lad saving he'd love to have his dogs back ... 2 springers.  :(
Off the bbc website ...

"With dog theft up by 50%, our secret cameras go inside the ruthless world of the dognappers where owners face ransoms of up to £3,000 for the return of their beloved pets.

These highly organised networks of thieves are breaking into padlocked kennels and warning people that they will never see their dogs again if they contact the police.

Real Story: Monday 10 November 2003 at 1930 GMT on BBC One and streamed live on the Real Story website."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/real...ory/default.stm

Tried the sreaming but too slow on ISDN, broadband should do it.

I'm glad we didn't go for a dog flap so that Charlie-Spud could go in & out cos apart from the garden & dangerous plants you just never know who is about!!  >:(                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Dog Theft
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 08:54:34 PM »
Hi Kel

I shall be tuning in tomorrow!!

Em and Indie