Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

HOW MUCH DO YOU WALK?

(1/4) > >>

Jen:
Just curious to know how much everyone walks their cockers on a daily basis.  I must admit, I so hate this weather - it's so dark and wet...walking my boy isn't that much fun...especially as he get so muddy and wet and the floor in my kitchen is white :(  - The problem with Monty is he never gets really zonked - so I never really know when he feels he's walked enough....he just keeps going.....in the summer this is fine as we are always out and about with him - but this time of year is different.  So how long should be long enough....or am I asking an impossible question? :oops:                    

Silver Surfer (indiesnan):
Hi Jen, as you know nells not a cocker....  hubby walks her for 2 hours of a morning,... and half an hour after dinner,.. and 20 minutes of an evening. But at the moment, i,m doing the walking, as hubby has just had surgery.... I,m getting p....d on from a great height,  :cry:  Its seems to wait for me to get ready. And then  the heavens open.  :cry: But i must say, she,s getting nowhere near the walking that hubby gives her.  :oops: We took her out with Indie on the beacon,... both of them saw a pond and jumped in,... they  were absolutly rotten, and covered in mud. Emma ended up putting Indie pops in the bath!!

Barb                    

Loraine:
Isn't this weather just awful?  My house is a mess with paw prints everywhere and that wet dog smell...say no more!  :x

I haven't been able to walk my two since I've been back because they are in season.  I do let them run around in the garden a bit with each other for a while or sometimes I may even go out with them with a ball (v.rare I admit!)  :wink:  but they seem ok without the walks they were getting in the summer.  

If Monty is anything like my two you may find that mental stimulation can tire him out just as much.  I try and do some training with them during the time when they would have had a walk.  At least they are active/exercising AND they stay dry!

Loraine.                    

Anita:
I know exactly how you feel. It's not just the walking in the rain but the drying them afterwards. You should have seen her on Friday after taking her out - mudsville!

Phoebe normally gets one walk a day of about an hour. I always feel guilty if we can't take her for some reason (only happened about once or twice).

It wasn't much fun when I was ill last week and still took her out.

However, when she sprained her wrist, she wasn't walked for a week and she was fine. I presume we just need to watch the calorie intake.

What do others think?                    

Mary:
I literally have to drag Lottie out in this weather 8) Took her out Saturday and got drenched...she was not happy, constantly pulling home :?   I amde it a long one though...no point in getting drenched again later :wink:

Actually, it's so awful out there today that I've decided not to drag her out at all :wink:   I suppose I'm lucky in the fact that she really isn't bothered about walks.  Having said that, I take her out about 3 times a day usually, to and from school (about half an hour each) and then about 45 minutes lunchtime at this time of year ( often an evening walk when the evenings are lighter).  I like walking so she has no choice :lol:                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version