Author Topic: Do your dogs know....................  (Read 4247 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Do your dogs know....................
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:15:08 PM »
when its feeding time???

My 2 get fed at 8am and 4pm - as i type now they are under my feet, pacing the floor, nudging me, barking at me, licking my arms and all because i've gone past feeding time by 14 mins!!!!  :005:

Are your dogs like this???

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
Re: Do your dogs know....................
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »
Oh doG - Do they know !!!!

I feed them at 7.30 and 5.30 which is ok Monday - Friday but Saturday and Sunday when I want a lie it its a complete nightmare!!

Because they sleep in the bedroom, they just sit at my side of the bed, then Maddie jumps on my face and licks me and if that doesn't work she scratches (and it is always my side of the bed, how can men sleep through anything!).  So I have to get up, let them out, feed them and then I try and go back to bed!

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 04:34:51 PM »
 i feed sam at 7am and 7 pm.  i don't think he knows when it's time for food but as all i have to do it reach to the top of the fridge (where his food is kept!!) and he goes nuts :005:

Offline Vivienne

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 04:38:45 PM »
We feed 12 noon and 6pm ish.
Am is usually a drop of milk or scrambled egg if there is any left after the locusts have eaten - sons!

Viv

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 04:41:30 PM »
Louis thinks any time is food time.  :005: You look at him and he runs to the treat jar with his paw up.  :luv: He is on steroids, however he has always been a hungry hound.  :005:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 06:55:43 PM »
Around about 4.30 onwards, Kali will start pestering me.  If I am lying down she will plant two feet on my tummy, two on my chest and peer at me with her face only centimetres away :005:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 06:58:21 PM »
Yup - I get woo-woo'd at if I don't do their dinner within a few minutes of getting in from work  ::)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Lee67

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 07:02:24 PM »
Does she ever!!!

Poppy comes and sits as close to me as she can get, looks me right in the eye, then gives me paw after paw after paw.
Lee & Poppy xx

Offline Victoria

• Site Member
  • Beautiful Betsy
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 07:07:39 PM »
Yep, Betsy gets fed after i have my bath in the morning and she wanders in to check i am still in there then waits outside until i finish  ph34r.  She then has her dinner after her evening walk,  When we get in i sing who wants her dinner?  who wants her dinner? while she dances around by her bowl. 

We have thrown a spanner in the works now though with Lola, as she is being fed 4 times a day.  Betsy is not impressed!

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:13:27 PM »
They sure do!!! If we're late getting up, I get clawed and get a yucky cold wet nose in my ear!...and thats just my other half!! te he he!!  :005: Just joking!! The dogs are like vultures around feeding time. In the evening, we get home (they all come to work with me), they come in through the front door and straight to the garage where one of them pushes her bowl noisily round the floor and the other fetches her bowl and deposits it on the living room floor. (she also does this when we have visitors - likes playing the 'I'm a poor starved dog, they never feed me...honest'!!!!  ;) She's looking forward to when the pup comes as she likes the sound of 4 meals a day!!!  :o

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »
Mornings i don't have a problem until i get up and stay up then they are under my feet till they are fed  ::)

As soon as the kids get in from school (bout 4pm) then they won't leave us alone, it's the kids job to feed the dogs in the evenings (as they aren't up to do it in the mornings )

Braan hasn't learnt the time yet but he knows what the scales mean as soon as anyone goes to them  :005: (yes I weigh all my food, but do increase or decrease by eye too, but it's so everyone who may feed the dogs know which one gets what amount it is posted on a post-it note on the cupboard  ;) and they comment when it changes too so at least I know they are taking note of it  ;) )

Offline Emmylou

• Site Member
  • Cosby and Boo!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 07:46:19 PM »
In a word ....YES

Cosby knows exactly what time he's due to be fed.  If we are in the house and we are late feeding him, he stands under his food cupboard, barking and scratching at the cupboard.  I've never known a dog so obsessed with food >:(

Offline Albert Tatlock

• Site Member
  • Ttthhhrrrrrrppppp!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 10:40:59 PM »
Coopers not quite got his body clock syncronised (sp) but my old family dog, golden retriever called Tara, knew when it was 4.30 as that was tea time.  Only problem was when clocks went back. Clock said 3.30 but Tara's belly clock said 4.30  :005: , we had to wean new feeding time in 10 mins at a time. Funnily she didnt mind when clocks went forward!!  :005:

Offline bonio

• Site Member
  • My 1st dog - Lucy
    • Isolated Mind Pain
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 12:24:32 AM »
She is not so fussy in the morning but she lets me know when its 6pm. Her behaviour totally changes starting with the looks you get through to nudging me. If I am in the kitchen she looks at me puts her head in her bowl and looks at me again. If I pretend to ignore her she continues but adding in some crying groaning noises. If I have fallen asleep she will wake me up. Amazes me the things she learns and does quickly and yet walking well on the lead seems to complex for her to understand even after all this time. Im sure they know way more than they let on!!

Lucy, Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel
Entered my life on 2 Feb 07 aged 15 months

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 09:20:43 AM »
 ph34r we had friends round yesterday and forgot Braan's lunch  ph34r His stomach must have told him tho as he brought his food bowl to us  :005: