Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

How Mad is Cocker Mad???

(1/2) > >>

Fran:
Firstly I would like to wish you all a belated Happy Christmas and New Year..

Secondly!.... Suzie will be 2 in April and she is just NOT  getting any calmer.  She is absolutely adorable, not naughty  but  NUTS!  She does sit when told when someone is at the door but then she can't contain herself and charges into the front room jumping from  settee to sette crying, holding her paw out for visitors to say hello to her.  It takes on average around 10 minutes for her to clam down (ownly by pure exhaustion)  If anyone can give me any good tip on calming this situation I would really appreciate it.  

Thanks, Fran.                    

Fran:
Just posting my own reply.... as I have not been on COL for so long just catching up on all posts and found out this was subject was started by Mary under BEHAVIOUR - WELCOMING VISITORS.. so I now know that I am not on my own and Suzie is not THAT nutty...

Thanks.                    

Colin:
They are all daft it seems, the trouble is being consistent with them. Sometimes I find their antics hysterically funny, on another day the same behaviour will drive me mad with frustration. :roll:  I presume I'm not alone in this, so Cockers must find us humans as odd as we do them at times. :lol:

As for the calming down ......... I'm starting to wonder if they ever do. Jimmy turned 2 in December yet still acts like a complete loon at times. He does seem to have longer periods of normality between the crazy moments though, so maybe there is hope. :lol:                    

Michele:
Meg is nearly 10, Neneh 5 in July and Otis 8) 2 in Feb, all as mad as a barrow load of frogs :?  :lol:                    

Dessie:
Will have to agree with you all there and say that Cockers never calm down :roll: if you've got a mad one then I'm sorry to say they will stay mad even in their twilight years.

Sebastian is 6 and Bart is 4 and they are both mad  :roll:  :roll: but loveable  :wink:                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version