Author Topic: Hi to everyone  (Read 5663 times)

Offline barb

• Site Member
  • Come Dancing!
Re: Hi to everyone
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 09:01:01 AM »
Hi and welcome, what a pretty little girl! She really has something about her doesn't she? :angel:
You'll find everything you need to know about cockers here, word of warning though it's very addictive!
Prepare to spend a lot of time here :005:
Barb and Pippa

Tip-toeing through the tulips!
Barb and Pippa

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 09:05:38 AM »
Hi Annette,

I did see Emily's mum, she was a solid black, and I was told her dad was golden.  She just looks a little different to me from our other dog when she was a puppy and I wish I'd asked to see a pic of her dad now.  I bought her without papers, as I only wanted her as a pet, so I hope she is a full cocker.
Tilly. Forever remembered

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 09:25:20 AM »
Hi and welcome from me and the boys Jasper and Louie and our little golden girl Heidi who is nearly 16 weeks.

Emily looks very like Heidi, she's a dot but looks about the right size.  You forget how little they are - this was Heidi with the boys aged 12/13 weeks
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/60d23591.jpg

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 10:07:33 AM »
Heidi looks adorable, she looks very much like Tilly our other dog.  I think I'm panicking a bit because emily doesn't have papers, and I didn't see her dad.  By the way, I only live 2 miles from the Lickeys where you are walking today.  Woukd have loved to joined in, and will definitely come next time.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 10:11:41 AM »
Heidi looks adorable, she looks very much like Tilly our other dog.  I think I'm panicking a bit because emily doesn't have papers, and I didn't see her dad.  By the way, I only live 2 miles from the Lickeys where you are walking today.  Woukd have loved to joined in, and will definitely come next time.

We quite often have mini meets around so when you are ready just let me know, we don't always post as it tends to be a few of us locally who get together - there are a few of us around Kidderminster and Stourport.  Whereabouts are you?  You can always came for a walk even if Emily is too 'ickle yet  ;)

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »
Awwww she is just tooooo cute.  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 10:23:08 AM »
We are in Northfield, South B.ham.  I was going to come today just to say Hi but when we got up today we found a huge puddle in the hall!!  Not from Emily! but from a broken radiator so we are staying in to get a plumber out!!  :'(

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 10:46:11 AM »
aw she is lovely  :luv:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 10:48:17 AM »
Hiya and welcome to you and Emily, she is beautiful.  :luv: :luv:

Sorry to hear about your loss, this little one will help you with that, my little monster of 8 weeks certainly is helping with my mine.  :luv:

Have fun with her.  :D

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »
She is just gorgeous - I think she looks like a  complete bundle of mischief already!!! :luv: :luv:

.  Does anyone think that Emily seems very small for 8 weeks?  I have looked at other puppies and she doesn't seem as stocky or her ears as long?

Puppies can change so much over the coming weeks...... I know of someone who adopted what was described as a Pomeranian Cross from a pound and it turned out to be a German Shepherd!!!  :lol2: :lol2:

Is she a show type or a worker?
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 11:33:50 AM »
aww she is lovely  :luv: :luv:  she looks more working cocker than show cocker to me, and a really pretty girl  :luv:

helen & jarvis x

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 11:36:58 AM »
I don't know the difference between show and cocker (sorry to be thick!)  i just thought working cockers meant that they were used as working dogs!  How can I telll which she is?  Thank you for the lovely welcome I've had, I feel an addiction coming on!!  I had a look at Alfie's youtube video, it6 was great.  Where did you get that fab bed?

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »
If you do a search you'll find the difference between worker and show types, we had a mixture of each on todays walk, photos to follow on the meet thread when I can upload them, there is quite a marked difference in appearance and often in the way they behave.

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »

I thought your pup looked a bit worker-like. Although she's not got papers, could you ask her breeder what lines she is from? He/She should know whether she's working or show type (or a mix of the two). Whatever she is, she's lovely  :luv: She looks tiny, but when I look back at photos of my two at that age, they look just as small.  :luv:

Here is Roxy, when she was about 10weeks:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/hollydavies123/Roxy303.jpg

and at 8 weeks:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/hollydavies123/Roxy010.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/hollydavies123/Roxy112.jpg

and this is Rio at about 10 weeks:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/hollydavies123/RioSnow013edit.jpg

Both working type cockers.

- Holly -

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
I think you are right. Looking a pics of Heidi (who is the image of our old dog) and Roxy who looks very like Emily, I am convinced she has worker in her.  Her mum was definitely a show cocker, I have called the breeder today to see if he can send a pic of his daughter's dog who is the father, but can't get through yet.  Thanks for all the advice, I had no idea there were two types, but I knew she looked different to what I expected.
Glad you had a good time at Lickeys.  The weather was perfect for you.
By the way, how do I put a pic up as an avatar?