Author Topic: barf  (Read 2251 times)

Offline tracy.nolan

Re: barf
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 02:05:21 PM »
also silly question i have been using pah 400g blocks pricechoice ones bob weighs 11kgs how much should he have a day i gave him half this morning i was gonna give him the rest for tea is that too much and one more question i promise what sort of ribs do i buy i would prefer frozen sainsburys or asdas is ideal as iwork at pah in charlton asdas is next door thanks for your help

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 02:12:16 PM »
You should be aiming to feed 3% of his weight so that would be about 330g a day.  I buy breast of lamb from the butchers and cut it into ribs. You can get it in morrisons but I dont know about asda, Introduce different meats slowly dont try to many varietys at once. I used to bash chicken wings with a rolling pin when I first started feeding barf. They just scoff them now in about 3 seconds flat.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline LesleyW

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
also silly question i have been using pah 400g blocks pricechoice ones bob weighs 11kgs how much should he have a day .....

I get these too!

Bracken has a 1/3 of the pack, (I defrost it, divide it, cover and fridge the rest) for teatime along with a dollop of whizzed veg, an evening primrose oil casule and followed by a chicken wing!  Tonight she also had a dollop of natural yog on top too ;)
I do feed her a breakfast meal of either sardines, pilchards, mackerel or tuna as well - she doesnt get meat for breakfast.
Shes about 13kg which seems fine for her height and build.

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 09:28:52 PM »
On the "not eating liver" point - a lot of people also flash-fry it (2 seconds each side in a hot pan) to get their dogs to eat it. 

Offline tracy.nolan

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 07:05:48 PM »
gave bob a chicken wing he was not interested chucked it about a bit then would not touch i will try again