Author Topic: Odd question  (Read 956 times)

Offline workingcockerfan

Odd question
« on: November 23, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »
I didn't know where to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong place..

This must seem like a really odd question, but does anyone know how tall Breezybrook Trouper is?! I think he's a gorgeous dog and would love a puppy by him, and I know it depends on the Mother too but I want to know how big I could be expecting a puppy to be. Sorry, I must seem a bit mad, but I'm not ... much.  :005:

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
Re: Odd question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 01:59:04 PM »
would depend what else is behind the line of both the sire and dam... no idea but an interesting question

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »
Trouper is a handsome lad  :luv:

I'd give his owner a call and ask about how tall he is. Some working cocker lines are generally bigger than others, Trouper looks quite chunky.
I personally prefer the smaller cockers  :luv:

Mary xxx

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »
Milo's Dad is Breezybrook Trouper, and Milo's quite big - 15kg.  He is only half working Cocker, his Mum's side were all show Cockers, although his Mum was quite a small show Cocker, probably about 12kg.  Her lines were all about the same size, the ones I saw anyway.  Probably doesn't help much as he's only half working...
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline workingcockerfan

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »
 I'll probably phone up his owner next year sometime about some of his litters, so I'll ask then.  :D Thank you for all your help!  :blink:

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:40:09 PM »
I'll probably phone up his owner next year sometime about some of his litters, so I'll ask then.  :D Thank you for all your help!  :blink:

Sometimes particular matings and their subsequent litters can be highly in demand and pups booked up many months/even years before the due date. So my advice is if you're after a very particular 'type' of cocker pup and have only a very few dams and sires that you'd consider getting a pup from then there's never any harm in calling the breeder/breeders early on. Whereas if you leave it, you risk being disappointed or being put at the end of a very long waiting list  ;)

Might I just say now that if you do get a Trouper puppy then photos are a must!  :luv: That lad's got such a handsome face  :-*

Mary xxx

Offline sophiep

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
my friend has a two year old bitch whose dad is breezybrook trooper. She is absolutely adorable  :luv: and the inspiration behind me searching for my own.
She is of a small build, and i'd probably say about 11-12 inches at the shoulder. Her mum - withyslade teasel was apparently pretty small, so Trooper is definitely capable of making smallish dogs but you'll need to find a small breeding bitch. I've been looking for a while for a suitable pup by him, its so hard waiting!! especially seeing everyone elses' adorable cockers but it will so be worth the wait! good luck with your search  :D