Author Topic: Lucy is coming back!! - Lucy is home - Im so sorry  (Read 9964 times)

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
Lucy is coming back!! - Lucy is home - Im so sorry
« on: January 01, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
Phone call from Mum this morning, I have to pick Lucy up they havent had any sleep for the last two nights, she has started pacing and whining, Dad says she is pining and missing us, Now I know this is not the case as this behaviour is what she does here ALL THE TIME  >:(  Im so upset and so worried I have missed her but life has been so much calmer and the house has run so much smoother, in all honesty Im so scared of having her back because within hours it will all be back to the same again  :'(
Mum has said she is getting two runs a day, but it could be anyone who is taking her out as she just runs, dont get me wrong her recall is fantastic and she comes straight back, but like Dad says she dosent care who has taken her out just that she's out! But when she comes back she seems sad and bored Mum is putting this down to her missing me and her home, but I know that she is like that when she is with us, and the pacing and whining is not pining she does it when we are in the lounge with her during day or night,  :'(
I have to go get her tomorrow I dont think Mum and Dad can loose too much more sleep, and they are sorry it hasent worked out, so now im back to square one where the hell do I go from here, I thought my prayers had been answered and to be honest Lucy couldnt really have it any better than she has with Mum and Dad, okay so theres not much going on and its fairly quiet up with them but she is getting so much more running and walks than she did here, so what is going on with this little girl  :-\

I just dont know the answer anymore I thought we had found it, but it wasent to be, would a re-home be the answer or would she just drive new owners mad and be returned to rescue I couldnt bear it to think of her being passed on and on, Im so very frightened of becoming stressed and worn out again when she is home, so worried how her and Lemmy are going to be as it was getting a bit fraught before she went to Mums and he hasent missed her at all  :-\

How dOG what a start to the New Year  :'( :'(   

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline PennyB

Re: Spoke to soon, Lucy is coming back!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 02:42:47 PM »
where is she sleeping in the house

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 02:46:46 PM »
Sorry Penny, do you mean my Mums out or our house, at my Mums she is in her bed in their lounge with their dog in his bed beside her, they are in a bungalow and they have the freedom of the house, apart from Mum and Dads bedroom, and when she is home with us, in her bed beside Lemmy in the lounge  :D

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »
I'm sorry it has not worked out as you hoped  :'(

I assume you have looked at her diet, food intolerances and the like?   Did you keep a food diary?  :huh:

I know I have posted before about how similar she sounds to Bonnee and if it wasn't for a carefully managed diet, then she would be a nightmare to live with, too  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 03:01:39 PM »
I am so sorry this hasn't worked out after all.
No advice I am afraid, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.  :luv:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 03:05:26 PM »
Sorry Penny, do you mean my Mums out or our house, at my Mums she is in her bed in their lounge with their dog in his bed beside her, they are in a bungalow and they have the freedom of the house, apart from Mum and Dads bedroom, and when she is home with us, in her bed beside Lemmy in the lounge  :D

Your mum's house as I thought that's where she lived now. Only asked as sometimes where they are (at night) in a house can affect how a dog reacts especially after an upheavel and often want to be close to the person who they now live with (every dog is different so am generalising here).

It can take more than a couple of days or weeks to settle a dog into a new regime.

When dogs can't settle here I will often sleep on the sofa (even then they won't often be in the crate so I allow them out of the crate but not with me) and then eventually I will go back upstairs.

As Rachel suggested look at her food --- I know Rachel had an upheavel when Bonnee 1st arrived
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »
Ohh so sorry, really thought that was sorted for you both  :'(

Don't stress, see what things are like when you get back together. What about Scullcap & Valerian to reduce Lucy's anxieties, seems to work for Lou  :-\ or Dap sprayed on her bed to help her chill a bit.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »
im so sorry its not worked out. Cockers eh....! sorry i have no advice but im sure someone on here will be able to help

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 03:52:11 PM »
As Rachel suggested look at her food --- I know Rachel had an upheavel when Bonnee 1st arrived

Oh, didn't we just  :005:   We kind of knew what to expect - having seen her behaviour in her previous home  :shades:

Is anyone training Lucy regularly? Walks and runs do not mentally stimulate a dog the way that a few short sessions of focused training every day can  ;)

I'm sorry, I can't remember if you have seen a one-to-one trainer; but if not, then I think that some one-to-one sessions, along with a food diary, needs to be your next step - rehoming any dog is difficult at the moment, and if you can adapt your lifestyle to accommodate her needs then this is probably the best solution.
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »
Sorry to hear your news, no advice but just wanted to say I am thinking of you, and hope there is an answer to all of this, I'm sure there must be but maybe a slow process to get to it?

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 05:32:50 PM »
Sorry to hear its not working out although to be honest (and I feel bad for saying this) if your parents are giving up on her that quickly then they probably aren't the right people to keep Lucy forever. Every time I have a new boarder or foster it usually takes a few days or even several weeks of sleepless nights (from scratching, whining, barking etc) before they settle.... its just somethng you have to put up with til they feel more relaxed. Lucy is obviously very high energy so it was always unlikely she'd settle right in immediately.  I do still think your best bet is to look for a new home, the perfect home, perhaps someone used to working their dogs,  in the countryside, with other dogs where she can be a proper outdoorsy dog. It doesnt sound like a normal family life suits her. If she loves being outdoors so much then even having 2 or 3 very long runs a day is not the same as being a true working dog ie 6,7 or 8 hours wandering about doing what dogs do. Yes its a bit harder to rehome dogs just now but by no means impossible. The right home is always out there and until then you can keep doing your best for her. You know where I am if you want to take the next step.  :-*

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Cotswold Girl

• Site Member
  • The Cotswold Crazy Gang
    • Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »
Sorry to hear it has not worked out with your mum and dad. But don't give up rescues will be able to help if that is the route you need to take now
Rhyannon, Spec, Broc, Shrek, Tilly-Bob & Wellie
NESSR Rehoming Co-ordinator.
Registered Charity No: 1121569 Charity Registered In Scotland No. SC040037

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »
Oh dear I am sorry it has not worked out for you all, as it seemed so promising - I do hope things can be sorted out in the New Year for you all.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 07:47:40 PM »
Yep here we go again my head is buzzing, im already getting myself worked up about picking her up, my home and family and me have been so much more calm and easy running since Lucy has been at Mums I dont want to feel like im giving up but not sure I could take a lot more, Mum and Dad seem to think she will come back a different dog, I would like to think so, but somehow I know thats not going to happen  :-\ Dad says there is nothing wrong with her, and her pacing and whining the last two nights is down to pining, I have had Lucy 3 1/2 years and I know my dog, and honestly that behaviour is what she was doing here day and night, one of the biggest reasons we needed this break from her  :'(

I will do all I can for Lucy she is loved, spoilt, played with, we do training sessions as set out by Cazza  :-* we do clicker training we go for walks and runs (not as much as she has been with Mum) But in the long run I know Lucy would be so much happier in the Perfect home and unfortunately I know I dont meet that criteria for Lucy  :'(

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »
Can't imagine what you must be going through, thinking of you.

Give Lucy a kiss from us  :-*
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx