Author Topic: Yuk - becareful what they pick up!  (Read 2383 times)

Offline black taz

Yuk - becareful what they pick up!
« on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »
I had a severe yukky moment this morning.  We were walking along and Taz picked something up - as this is a rare occurance when we are on a walk i assumed it was a piece of meat of some sort so got my fingers in his mouth to remove it - only to find it was a piece of fox poo that had been trampled on!   >:D  don't you just love them >:D

Offline highlandlass

• Robbie the Rebel
Re: Yuk - becareful what they pick up!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »
A delicacy in the dog world i believe!!!
Could have been worse.......you don't want to know what Robbie eats on his walks!!!!  :005:

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »
Could have been worse.......you don't want to know what Robbie eats on his walks!!!!  :005:

I agree, both of my two have picked up and/or eaten much worse.   ph34r
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 03:01:17 PM »

I agree, both of my two have picked up and/or eaten much worse.   ph34r

And mine  >:D  A used condom for one  ::) :020:
Julie and Watson

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »

What about Fred yesterday....boak  ph34r
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
Tally had a rabbits head once and thought it was hilarious that I chased him round shouting at him to drop it. We did get it eventually which is more than can be said for Solly who had what looked like a whole rabbit leg, but she bolted the whole thing down before we could get it from her. Dogs are disgusting aren't they.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »
Dylan jumped in bed with my OH yesterday, happily munching away on something, so OH tried to remove it until he realised Dylan had got his breakfast from the cat litter tray  :rofl1:  That's the fastest I've ever seen my OH get out of bed...... :005:

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »
I've just thought of something else. Our cat is far worse. I opened the front door the other day to find him sat there looking as pleased as punch with a headless dead pigeon with it's guts hanging out. Thank god the dogs didn't see it. YUK.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline CrunchyMand

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 05:18:55 PM »
I've just thought of something else. Our cat is far worse. I opened the front door the other day to find him sat there looking as pleased as punch with a headless dead pigeon with it's guts hanging out. Thank god the dogs didn't see it. YUK.
Oh my that is just horrible  :o think I would have screamed! I am a tad squemish!
Enjoying this journey !!

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »
Dylan jumped in bed with my OH yesterday, happily munching away on something, so OH tried to remove it until he realised Dylan had got his breakfast from the cat litter tray  :rofl1:  That's the fastest I've ever seen my OH get out of bed...... :005:

:rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline mcphee

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 06:20:43 PM »
Rufus picked up a human pile early last Saturday morning, on the local green.I suppose some drunk did it on Friday night. I yelled at Rufus and he was so surprised he dropped it. He then tried to go for the serviettes the low life had used, so it was on with the lead and off we went. I felt ill all morning. Fox poo is a regular, and even though it is foul, human is beyond the pale.

Offline black taz

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »
o.k. i think Rufus has beat Taz on this one   :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 09:19:18 PM »

What about Fred yesterday....boak  ph34r

Ah bless him- he loves to spice up his diet, rotting fish, decomposing seal and not to mention the rare delicacy of the maggot infested bird carcass (and I stil kiss him- I must be insane)
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 09:26:56 PM »
Rufus picked up a human pile early last Saturday morning, on the local green.I suppose some drunk did it on Friday night. I yelled at Rufus and he was so surprised he dropped it. He then tried to go for the serviettes the low life had used, so it was on with the lead and off we went. I felt ill all morning. Fox poo is a regular, and even though it is foul, human is beyond the pale.

My first Cocker, Josh, had the same foul habit. Our usual place for walks was an area of the New Forest used by holidaymakers and locals in the school holidays. The New Forest enclosures don't have public toilets, so you can imagine what they're like in the summer holiday season especially - and to think the NF National Park people spend their time moaning about dog walkers and what dogs leave behind!

Josh used to eat fox poo as well, not to mention dead animals, especially when well rotted and maggoty. I often wonder why we ever got a second Cocker after our experiences with Josh!

Almost as bad was the donkey leg that my neighbour's Cocker, Arnie, presented her with a couple of years ago. It turned out to be from a stillborn foal but until my friend had found the rest of the body she was convinced that Arnie had killed the foal. What made it worse was that Arnie wouldn't let go of it and my neighbour had to take him home, donkey leg firmly gripped in his mouth, and get her husband to wrestle it off him. :005:

Offline black taz

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 01:04:15 PM »
just to confirm - it wasnt the fact the he had it in his mouth - it was when i took it out his mouth it became a problem >:D  I had to walk home with a mucky hand as i didnt want to wipe it down my clothes!