Author Topic: So many..  (Read 2056 times)

Offline *LoolaBelle*

• Lottie Born 16/09/08 Button Born 01/06/09
So many..
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »
can someone shed light on which food is better for the dog, money isn't an issue i just want the best for my girl!

she's currently on Arden grange, but the puppy that will be joining us is on Royal canin,

so what is better Arden Grange
                        Royal Canin
                        JWB
                        Eukanuba (sp??)
                        science plan

any help would be most greatful, the dogs are famile pets, i don't work or show them, but we have started taking part in agility but for fun not competing!!

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Re: So many..
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »
Each dog is different so you can never quite tell what will suit them best. On paper I'd put AG and Royal Canin top followed by JWB then Hills and then Eukanuba (I don't rate Hills or Eukanabu much at all tbh). The premium range AG is far better than the standard chicken or lamb varieties so there are difference within brands too.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 03:04:53 PM »
Different foods suit different dogs, although some foods are undoubtedly better quality and have much better ingredients than others there's no such thing as a 'best' overall food or diet, just what suits your own dog(s) best. A lot of dogs do very well on Burns but it doesn't suit mine and while mine do really well on Arden Grange it doesn't suit some others. On your list I would recommend Arden Grange, James Wellbeloved and Royal Canin last (the other two not at all!) but you could also look at Burns, Robbie's, Orijen and Nutro.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline babushka

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 04:18:03 PM »
Some of the royal canin has preservatives in, I think it's in all of their adult foods and these are not good for dog or beast.

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
We use Burns for Belle, it is completely holistic ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
can someone shed light on which food is better for the dog, money isn't an issue i just want the best for my girl!

she's currently on Arden grange, but the puppy that will be joining us is on Royal canin,

so what is better Arden Grange
                        Royal Canin
                        JWB
                        Eukanuba (sp??)
                        science plan

any help would be most greatful, the dogs are famile pets, i don't work or show them, but we have started taking part in agility but for fun not competing!!

Smudge has Burns - has done since a pup, first the small bites, then Adult. Katie could not have Burns, gave her the dire wotsits, so she has Naturediet (wet food). I only say this so that if you are changing so that they are both fed the same foods, it does not necessarily always work out. (least not for me it didn't)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »

Tis very confusing with all the different foods around  ::)

i personally wouldn't use Science plan or Eukanuba...i have used JWB and AG but didn't really suit my dogs and i have also used Burns
We use Orijen and they both love it and do extremely well on it but again it doesn't suit all dogs  :-\ I have also started to use fish4dogs dried food its not been out long..the ingredients are good(no wheat or grain) and both dogs love this and its a little cheaper than Orijen  ;)