Author Topic: boys v's girls - who can make the better pupil!!  (Read 7066 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: boys v's girls - who can make the better pupil!!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »
quite different then, Ruby is form Timsgarry Simpson and Black Mamba is in there quite a lot

My 15 month old red bitch is by Timsgarry Barlow so will have more relatives in common with your girl; they're half brothers out of Timsgarry Kelly so both go back to Mamba etc. This is her -

Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline pete19873.5efi

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 05:39:48 PM »

SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep she is almost the spitting image of Ruby, is she a nutter like Ruby?

one confused question for me is when does gold become red?

Considering how unusual it is for the blood line throw a non black its quite s surprise to meet another. There is some timer a Liver which appears more often than the gold/red.

I’ve shot over several of the Timsgarry Clan, they are quite amazing dogs to watch

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
 :lol2: No she's not a nutter but she is very, very driven and utterly fearless, she's definitely a Ferrari model working Cocker :005:

The Timsgarry dogs are fantastic and Simon is great, Caoimhe is down there with him just now, he's going to start trialling her in the autumn, he thinks she has a lot of potential so he's been doing some intensive game work with her for me. I'm going down to collect her at the weekend so I'll see some of the other dogs again while I'm there.

Caoimhe's dam is red and her litter was blacks and reds. Both Barlow and Simpson throw reds/golds if the bitch also carries it so it must come via T.Kelly somewhere along the line. The livers are much more common though after the blacks. Do you have any photos of Ruby? I'd also be interested to see her full pedigree, Caoimhe's is already on the Pedigree Research board, I think it's on page 2.

In terms of the colours red is much darker than gold, you can see the difference in Caoimhe and Rodaidh here, she has her best serious face on in this photo -

Offline pete19873.5efi

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 05:46:39 PM »
That’s interesting, she is certainly darker that cocker on the right but not quite as dark as the left one I think.
This site is quite difficult to post photos on, ill have to download some to flicker or something.
Is Simon training your dog for you?

Odd you are there at the weekend, I will be with Simon on Saturday morning for a session, I must go and look up the time.

Ruby is not the lunatic type of nutter but does fit the key features you list, it’s quite amazing to see how driven she can be when she is hunting compared to my Blue dog who can be Mr laid back when he is out shooting with me.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »
Ah I'll probably be there on Sunday! I've done most of Caoimhe's training but Simon's had her down to assess her for trialling, to do some intensive game work with her as I don't have rabbit pens etc. and to give her a bit of 'polish' for competitions. I'll be continuing her training once she's home again next week and I'm running her in field tests over the summer. If I lived nearer we'd go to him for lessons but it's a 10 hour round trip so it's easier for her to stay down there.

To post photos you need to put them onto a Flickr or Photobucket account and then paste the links onto the forum. I'd definitely like to see Ruby, what are you hoping to do with her?

Offline pete19873.5efi

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »
Ruby will be working next season :huh:

it all depends on the next few months i guess, she is showing quite good promise for a bit of competition which could be interesting, little problem is that she can be a bit noisey so we are working on that one.
She is an amazing natural hunting skill which we need to follow up and lots of retreive work where i have just come back from.
A little late on her training as i had to take a months off last season due to ill health.
Do you attend any of Simons training days on Stiper Stones?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
Caoimhe was too young for the training days last year but we should make it to at least one this year.

Offline pete19873.5efi

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 01:32:24 PM »
i guess we will be shooting on some of the training days again this season so may meet up?

have you been up on Stiper stones where Simon runs some of his days? great country but realy hard work. If you thought walking through heather was hard, wait till you find the old tree plantation hidden under the waist deep heather!!!!!!!!!!!!
least you can have a sit down on the old stumps whilst there is a retreive on.

one tip is do book up early for the days as the sell out real quick.

Offline pete19873.5efi

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »
its been while now but i think she was in the back of Simons truck when i was there last, guess its a good chance as Black white bib isusually order of the day.
so now having seen yours i guess ruby is red?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
Sorry I just saw this, yes that was Caoimhe in the back of Simon's truck when you were there on the Saturday, I came down to pick her up the following day.

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »

Certainly in my experience the hard to train, hard to handle dog I had was a light blue roan

Apologies for hijacking thread but you need an update Nic - this boy so smart he has a part-time job at the circus, has cracked the DNA code for gundoggery and skulduggery, helped design the Hadron Collider and is currently researching the origins of Dark Matter.

ph34r ph34r ph34r