Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

How To Teach A Reliable Recall

<< < (28/28)

westergate55:
I have done this but just lately my dog has taken to running away in the woods further than I would like she was really good at staying near me and my other dog but not so good now took both to beach at low tide and she recalled ok I wonder if she is getting lost in the woods as I have not had her long and walk different areas some days I will keep her on lead in the woods for a while

Shaun W:
I’m just starting this.
Do I need to hold the collar, or can I just give him the treat when he comes to me?

Joules:

--- Quote from: Shaun W on January 29, 2021, 04:40:59 PM ---I’m just starting this.
Do I need to hold the collar, or can I just give him the treat when he comes to me?

--- End quote ---

I'm doing the training with my new boy. I don't hold the collar - he tends to run back to me and sit for the treat.  :luv: If I want to put his lead on him though, I do get hold of the collar first. Just do what works best for you  ;)

Shaun W:

--- Quote from: Joules on January 29, 2021, 05:06:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shaun W on January 29, 2021, 04:40:59 PM ---I’m just starting this.

--- End quote ---

I'm doing the training with my new boy. I don't hold the collar - he tends to run back to me and sit for the treat.  :luv: If I want to put his lead on him though, I do get hold of the collar first. Just do what works best for you  ;)

--- End quote ---

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version